TOM1
TOM2
TOM3
TOM4
LEFT AIR
RIGHT AIR
RIDE (as support)

Three Questions:

1. I have been cleaning manually tracks but the problem is that I have still too much snare on charles. How do you manage to solve this problem guys? EQ? Gate+EQ? No solution, suicide solution?

2. The other question is about Phasing. Which tracks should I invert phase on?
Is better to do it manually moving the track or automatically fliping phases?

3. I recorded a professional drummer, endorsed by Mapex. Even though I've noticed some little out of beats that I would like to arrange. is there any Beat detective for Cubase?

1. a gate can usually help out here. it can also be helpful to put a HP filter, and set it as high as you can get away with. every now and then it can work to use notch 1 or 2 frequencies where the snare sounds really offensive, but that will often make the hat(charles) sounds really f'd up. this is a really common problem that always comes up when tracking drums - and honestly, really the only way to properly prevent is by placing the microphone in a way so that it rejects the snare.

2. reverse your bottom snare mic

3. cubase has hitpoint detection/quantizing features

it's a euro thing...

i would've had no idea what he was talking about, if i hadn't recently read a book that mentioned that the hi-hat is called a charles in some parts of europe

Haha, come on now, there's gotta be someone who knows how that came to be! And apparently the French call it that too, according to a quadralingual manual for a Yamaha drum kit that I found

1. I have been cleaning manually tracks but the problem is that I have still too much snare on charles.

This is a prime example of why Europe will never be stronger than the USA. If you don't understand me, you're probably European.

Seriously though, did you try sidechaining a limiter to the hat mic? If it works with cymbals, I don't see why it won't work with hat.

flag_man.jpg

This is a prime example of why Europe will never be stronger than the USA.
Actually, we are stronger.
And we are ready to invade your country, steal your petrol, kill your women and rape your cattle!

Seriously though, did you try sidechaining a limiter to the hat mic? If it works with cymbals, I don't see why it won't work with hat.

Never done before, I will give it a try when it is time to mix.