Edward The Great!

Tough As Steel

a.k.a. Aussie Dave
Feb 12, 2002
Canberra
Visit site
http://www.ironmaiden.com/ironmaiden/EtG Artwork/1.htm

Sleeve Notes

It feels very stange writing these notes to guide you, the listener, through a collection of tracks which for me are supposed to symbolise the past 25 years of our professional career.

If you have purchased this then you have no doubt her of Iron Maiden at some point during the band's career over the last two-and-a-half decades. I think it is important to point out now that Iron Maiden has never been about fashion or writing our music to the beat of someone else's drum. Hot singles have never really been the focus of what we do. We write music to please ourselves and we focus on being a live performance band providing a show that people will walk away from and hopefully never forget. To be honest, I think that's why our fans have been with us all these years as we've always stuck to our guns and never let anything influence what we do in the studio or on stage.

This album is a selection of tracks that we think are a great introduction to the world of Maiden and includes a live track taken from the biggest show we've ever played - the Rock In Rio Festival in January 2001. That's 250,000 people you can hear singing on that track! The trouble with having so many albums is it's very difficult to cut it down to just a few tracks but this has been compiled from a selection of, dare I say, hits that have been just some of the pinnacles of the band's story, and what I believe is an insight into what we're all about.

But this is by no means the final curtain as some pundits would have you believe. Looking forward, we will be writing and recording our 13th studio soon before once again climbing aboard the tour bus and coming to disturb a neighbourhood not far from you in the near future.

See you soon.

Steve Harris, October, 2002

backcover%20copy.jpg

Yeah, apparently the Japan shows they did for the BNW tour went down really well. :cry:

DAMN, i hate this isolated, small-arsed populated island we live on.

:mad:

:lol:

Just kidding. Them's the breaks.