eeek... just been scared...

I think it's a bit crap that Area 54 have been relegated to the "New Blood" League.

They have been around for a few years, now, and they have had a record contract, and a professionally recorded album... So why "New Blood"?

id had that thought too,
and i definately see ur point. but i guess they are a young band - and they DO have a long and rocking future infront of them!!!!!!! so they are new- in the respect that in comparison to other bands theyve not been around so much.

maybe also cuz they are so damnnn talented that they are clearly the new and brill future of metal... but that doesnt explain why dirty deeds are in there.??????
actually ive just shot my argument in the foot.

other than that i have no idea!

See here for an explanation of the 'new blood' section. And 'relegated' is hardly the term I'd use - it's not like it's the bloody shit heap or anything.

Are A54 an established act? Sadly, no. I doubt many people here outside of the Blaze forum would even know who they are, so excuse me if I try to place them in a section that would draw more attention to them.

I suppose you can say that Area 54 are a relatively new band, and that their popularity, as yet, isn't exactly wide reaching.

I can see that in Metal, or any form of Rock, "Old", or "Established", may mean 10, 15, even 20 years. So I see where you're coming from.

But my point is that where Area 54 were rubbing shoulders with Anthrax, Anathema, Opeth, and the rest last week - all of a sudden, they're in the Junior League.

Area 54 have been going for well over 4 or 5 years, all told, have had a Studio album available in the shops for almost two years, now, and have one of the larger forums on UM (forgetting that most of the posts are to do with what the girls bought last week...).

I'm not complaining, at all - you're doing a great job - I just think it's a little odd, thats all.

If I may add my 2p ;)

The move seems to have been taken as some kind of 'demotion', when in fact it has been done as a way of mixing the forums up and making people open their eyes. Mark does nothing on this site without thought - he is soul aim is to bring about as much attention to lesser known bands as he can. By moving forums around from time to time you help to draw peoples attention to the moves and hopefully stir up some curiosity. New Blood doesn't mean any band that started out in the last year, it means newer, less established acts that are not receiving the recognition they deserve. If it were my band I think I would be quite pleased that someone cared enough about our music that they tried to promote the forum at all. ;)