OK I think I just fried my pedal...

MrFast said:
Don't you mean Flux Capacitors?? :D

I've never head anyone call them that, but there would definately be some fluxing going on, lol. Flux is kinda like the ability for electrons to move though a surface so I guess it's fairly important with parallel plate caps like those.

As for replacing the IC chips well that's unfortunately the next step with the one i'm fixing. The 'Shotgun' approach. There's about 6 of them each......and i'm not sure how much they'll be but i'd imagine no more than a dollar AU$. Some simpler pedals dont use many IC's like the old tube screamers which use 2 or so opamps, so it really varies from case to case on how much it'll cost.

MrFast said:
Lol, I was just making a reference to Back to the Future... I know nothing about that kinda stuff :D

lol ok, its been ages since i saw any of those movies so thats why i didnt get what u were on about.

Electronics is a very had thing to understand......i've finished 1 out of 4 years of my uni degree and I still can't make my own distortion pedal, lol. If anyone is thinking about getting into it though I would definately recommend it cos the jobs pay heaps and u get to learn all u need to make pedals and amps.......decent ones ;). Plus other things btw....but who cares about those things :p.

Death Metal Paperweight, Awesome.

Try running 1.21 GigaWatts through that Flux capacitor. That's where the real tone is.

ptah knemu said:
That's a pretty god analogy tharr, but I prefer the good old PWNED like a n00b analogy.... even though thats no analogy.

Taking a 16v plug to a 9v pedal is the equivalent to your pedal being a person with 3 balls and kicking really hard in them. (I just wanted to think of a good one.)
Harris my friend....you pWn all n00bs...