Egypt guitar tab

i used to know a great site for Power Tabs, with tabs for every prog song u could imagine.....but for the life of me i cant remember the addy!!!!! *Scream*
the only site i use now is the shitty sister.nl one...it hardly has anything...
i will kiss the person who knows the name of that site im after!! :p

Actually Powertabs are actually pretty accurate and make learning the song much easier as you can practice in real time. But some tabs are inaccurate, a couple of the SX tabs I tried were in the wrong tuning!

Originally posted by RequiemX
I don't play guitar, but my limited understanding is that powertabs are bad, or fake. Is that true?

well, i checked Of Sin And Shadows and it seems an awesome one to me...

anyway it all depends by the tabber skill.. that has nothing to do with the editor!

PT editor in my opinion is far better than guitar pro.. which is curious if you consider that only the first one is free.

I think GP is pretty accurate, sounds nice and you can slow down the track for more precise learning. I don't see how in the world you can say that it sucks. :confused:

well it sucks if compared with PT... the two have different features... I use a lot PT to make tabs and i realize you can actually do everything with it.

slowing down the tracks..well, with powertabs you have to change the bpm.. or export the file in midi format and then get the same result.

plus the music notation is far better...
have you ever tried to see any tabs in ptb format?
maybe is just me... what are the advantages in your opinion to use GP rather than PT?

last but not least one is free and the other one is not.

Ahh, so thats it. I don't make tabs myself at all. I only use it for learning only. Powertabs are good, but lets face it, GP is way more popular plus my favorite bands are mostly tabbed out on GP. Also notation quality depends on a person who transcribed it, so I really wouldn't like to argue about that.

Cheers