Symphony X tab books

Nov 20, 2006
Chicago
Is anyone hoping for a tab book for Iconoclast, or maybe a "greatest hits" tab selection? With the new album being so much more guitar-oriented than previous releases I think it would be a great idea, and could only further the band's popularity.

Jax, is this something you could ask MJR about?

Also, I am aware of (and have) that Japanese tab book, but I'm referring to something a little more official (and accurate).

Put me down for a copy. I would still program the solos and more difficult sections into Guitar Pro for my own personal use though. It's such a great learning tool compared to sheet music. Having something 100% accurate from the man himself would be great. Most tabs online are full of errors. Either the riffs are tabbed on the wrong strings/in the wrong positions and need editing, or the solos are just way off because there are so few people that understand MJR's techniques and habits well enough to transcribe them correctly.

On a side note I would love a correct transcription of the Evolution solo section, been keeping an eye out for like two years. I'm awful at figuring out solos that use a wah and crazy fast legato.

A tab book of Iconoclast would be freakin' awesome, especially if MJR was involved in overseeing the correctness of it.

I'm with Lagtastic on Evolution as well. For the life of me I still can't get the intro riffage right either. Every tab I've looked at is different and even trying to figure it out by ear I've done a poor job at getting it accurate. Anyone got help on that intro part?

Eric

I'm with Lagtastic on Evolution as well. For the life of me I still can't get the intro riffage right either. Every tab I've looked at is different and even trying to figure it out by ear I've done a poor job at getting it accurate. Anyone got help on that intro part?

Here's what I heard after slowing it down with a transcribing program. The notes with an asterisk above them I'm not 100% sure about, but everything else seems correct.

15538831-17c

15538833-81f

You rock man, that looks great! Gonna jam on it tonight! :headbang:

Eric

No problem man, good luck!

I was wondering if maybe some of you guys with better ears for figuring out chords could help me with this. I'm working on a full tab for Reign In Madness, but the clean guitar part is throwing me off a bit. Here's what I have so far:

15548022-fc5

Something at the beginning of the third measure just sounds a bit off to me, and I'm not sure what it is. I think the B (11th fret) is correct, but I'm not sure about the low note. Can anyone figure it out?

You´re welcome, Detective! :)

I wish I could someday tab a few SX´s songs that aren´t on the web (like a complete and accurate "Awakenings" tab), but for recent experience (I have tabbed like a month or two ago "When All is Lost"), it does takes a lot of time that nowadays I don´t have.

But in the meantime, I will gladly help anyone who´s working on other tabs!

You´re welcome, Detective! :)

I wish I could someday tab a few SX´s songs that aren´t on the web (like a complete and accurate "Awakenings" tab), but for recent experience (I have tabbed like a month or two ago "When All is Lost"), it does takes a lot of time that nowadays I don´t have.

But in the meantime, I will gladly help anyone who´s working on other tabs!

Would you mind posting a link to your When All Is Lost tab? I'd love to check it out!

Hey there. I'm getting a tattoo and it will contain some Symphony X elements, one of which will be tablature melody. I am not familiar with tablature and how it works but I would like a melody bar showing the vocal melody of the first verses in "The Odyssey" - specifically when he says "Home, I dream of home" and I would like "Awakenings" the part of the chorus where he says "Here I am, at the crossroads of life I stand". I'm going to get greedy here - if anyone who is willing to send me these might also have a copy of Alter Bridge's "Blackbird", I would love the vocal melody for the chorus. Than you so so much t anyone who is either able or willing to help me with this. My email is darkestdrama@gmail.com
Once again, thank you -my tattoo is nearly finished being designed and I just lack these crucial elements.