Egyptian Metal Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Finns, Estonians, Maris, Mordvians, Karelians, Udmartians and Hungarians (etc) have asian background and their languages are uralic/altaic which is in same style with turkic languagues. but there is nothing prooved that Finnish and Turkish are related languages.

But at least, we turks still have some common words with Hungarian language (like elma, szakal, arpa etc.) and hungarians claim Atilla too which was the empire of an old turkic civilization called huns.

Tyra: Kurgan hypothesis can describe the roots of Arians or Europeans or Iranians etc. but the it doesn't change the truth of the first indo-european speaking civilization were Hittits. Hitits were not nomadic or barbarian people, they used to know writing and they had cities and they had a kind of political order and an ordered army, libraries etc.

Would someone please ellaborate on the the Viking-Hun relationship (Atles saga). Coincidence or connected to the goths travels?

Sorry if I'm annoying you don't dont have to but it's just that I seldomly meet people with more knowledge than me in this field (not that I'm an historical Einstein just that noone else around me is)

Tyra: thanks a lot for everything. its 3:40 in the morning here and in 4 hours i'm supposed to go to my physics class, but i have made up my mind, after thinking about it all night. and i wont go to class, instead i'll get info in my university about archeology and anthropology classes. my mind is set and i feel much better now :). i think i'll quit physics till the end of this year, and get a little job at the Louvre or something touristic like that (cause unlike most french i'm excelent in english which is a great advantage here to get a "summer" job). and next year i'll start the archeology stuff :). and with the money i'll get with the little job i'll go to the Fury Fest and to Wacken, and then i'll go to Poland with some friends, and also to sweden with this other friend (cause we heard that in sweden its the girls who flirt with the guys, so we want to taste some of that scandinavian warmth :D). i feel so excited. YAY! luv ya lol

@Heathen Pride: Yeah, I know what you mean, but that's not exactly what is meant with those two theories. You're right in that Hittites spoke Indoeuropean, but the demic diffusion hypothesis and the kurgan one imply that the language had to have been brought to the Hittites from someone - i.e. the original Indoeuropeans. Linguistics, archaeology and DNA point to there being an original indoeuropeanspeaking people before Hittites, but you're right that the Hittites definitively are some of the oldest that we know of.
@Pagan: I only have a vague collection of this, but I think it goes something like this: Atilla's territory overlapped with some of the Norse areas of interest. Traties were needed to ensure peaceful trading and such, and back then, treaties quite often were ensured by the marrying of the two parties involved. In this case, I think Attilla married off one of his sisters (could have been a daughter, can't remember for sure) to a Norseman. (Remember that back then, there was not a unified Sweden or Denmark etc, but rather lots of chieftains, "småkungar"? It was one of them tht married Atli's sis.) That's about all I can remember right at the moment.
Celtik: Well, good! I'd have stuck with the physics until the end of the semester, but then again, sometimes I wish I hadn't done so when I was your age. Sometimes I feel like I wasted time (but mostly effort) finishing off classes that now are not even worth the paper they're written on, but then again, I am an Odinswoman, and as such, I know full well that no knowledge is ever wasted (even some that you'd probably rather not have, such as how it feels to be kicked in the head...LOL!). Either way, I hope you'll find your "true love" early on. Life is so much better when you can do something for work that you actually enjoy. It doesn't always pay in money, but there's more to life than the almighty dollar. What you lack in money, you'll often get back in less stress and more happiness as a result! Hey, who knows, maybe we'll have the pleasure of working togehter one day! Good luck!/T

hailz all here!!! what a strange topics!!!!!!!! what r u talking about!! sure in egypt there are metalheads!!! and there are even much much awesome bands!! and many concert!!! really you make me disappointed by telling that :/!!
btw i am big fan for amon amarth!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.