Eikenskaden Appreciation Thread

V.V.V.V.V.

Houses Ov Mercury
Jan 20, 2004
Dracut, MA
Eikenskaden is one of the most underrated French black metal bands. For those of you who don't know, (most of you do, I assume) Eikenskaden (which means Oaken Shield) is a one-man black metal project from Metz. His music combines neo-classical guitar soloing with incredibly raw and dissonant production, what seems to be a drum machine pounding out intricate beats and blasts alike, and heart-piercing vocals. Perhaps the most unique part of this band, however, are the classical piano pieces inserted into some of the songs to give the band that "romantic" feel.

For those of you who HAVEN'T checked them out, I urge you to download or buy The Last Dance or The Black Laments Symphony.

For those of you who HAVE heard Stefan Kozak's project, discuss his work here. I would like to know how the newest album is, also, as it was released by tUMULt Records, which I hold in high regard.

Have you heard 665.999? The song they have on the website ("Funeral March") is good but I could never find any other mp3s from that album.

EDIT: To answer your question, 665.999 is the latest album. Have you heard Mystic Forest? It's the same guy, same type of music. You should check it out if you like Eikenskaden, as there aren't really many differences between the two.

I didn't know of them until reading this thread and downloading some songs form their site. The downloaded songs are very good. Thanks for the recommendation.