elections austria & McDonald's

I read something incredibly cute in the newspaper today. A family in New York is suing McDonald's for destroying the health of their children. They had been eating at McD every day for years, thinking it was good healthy food.

Eh... Heh... Uh. Laugh or cry?

Anti McDonalds? I don't understand where this hatred for McDonalds came from. If you don't like it, fine, but damn leave Mc-e-d's alone. I've never been a huge McDonalds fan, but I do enjoy it every now and again. Hippie vegetarians ...

hippie? :lol: yeah right! no vegetarian eighter!
i just don't like this mc donalds world conquest! i hate everything it stands for! and did i mention that i'm not fond of the american way of life? hmmmmm....nothing against people living there though, i just hate it, that the usa drags their shit all over the world! shopping-whore!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Fleischwolf
hippie? :lol: yeah right! no vegetarian eighter!
i just don't like this mc donalds world conquest! i hate everything it stands for! and did i mention that i'm not fond of the american way of life? hmmmmm....nothing against people living there though, i just hate it, that the usa drags their shit all over the world! shopping-whore!:rolleyes:

Or perhaps the rest of the world is dragging the United States' shit all over the world ... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Fleischwolf
hmm, well i do think that mcdonalds is an american company! and of course they don't look after expanding around the globe! :rolleyes:

It's called capitalism my friend. If people want McDonalds, then of course they are going to expand. Since when is it wrong to want your business to grow?

yeah, it's capitalism and a very progressive one too! did i ever say that i like it? and people just want mcdonalds, because tv is telling them it's so great and that you're only happy when you sink your teeth into a burger made from cows which graaze the former amazon rain forest. but please don't start calling me a communist (i'm quite the opposite, can't stand those dorks)!

the mighty media suggests the people what they are supposed to buy and what is hip! it's the same in music business, just turn on mtv! the companies want the Global Last Man, it's uneconomical to have different demands for different markets! they want to produce more and more needless things for a homogeniced market! the chinese peasent should buy the same things as the fisherman on capri and the manager in america, reagardless of cultural background or heritage! they all wear nike, eat mcdonalds, drink coke and watch mtv, because it makes you haaaaappy! if people would be more critical about those things, mcdonalds could fuck off back home, :devil:!

and tell me what is the point in groth? all things growing have to stop somewhere! when is this going to happen? at any rate as soon as we have used up our resourses! and what then? maybe we'll try to export mcdonalds to alien planets! kind of star trek, but the first directive would be: "make them eat our happy meal"!

Well...and I'm not afraid to admit that I enjoy eating at McDonald's every once in a while. :) Even if I get fed up with it quickly when I eat it on a regular basis. Ever been to the US? Been there and couldn't see fast food for some months afterwards. But anyway, a hamburger once every month or so is something I can enjoy.

Well, once a month, twice a month, dunno. But not very often. Only if I'm in the city and have no time to eat at home or at some "proper" place. It's quick and it's tasty. But I never "go out" to a McDonald's, if you know what I mean.

@ Blackie: Nuggets rule, too! Or the McChicken!

True. And I certainly take advantage of the fact that some burgers and menus are cheaper with the vouchers even though the elections are long over. ;)