Electronic/ Drum and Bass production thread.

Joematthews

Dec 15, 2007
Thought I'd see if there's anyone else on here that's into this kinda thing. I've been producing drum and bass for about a year, born from a new found love of synthesis.

I've learnt a lot from producing stuff like this even though my mixes and tracks are very basic, it's a completely different world to metal production.

Here are a few of my tracks, all of them were just experiments, so nothing serious, but I thought I'd share and see what other people are making in similar style, get some feedback and some production tips.

http://soundcloud.com/joematthews-1

cool thread, i'll have some dubstep stuff up later for this.

i'd work on the wobble tone a bit on the drumstep tracks a bit if i was you, it's a little weak for my tastes, but then again it's drumstep so maybe it's meant to sound exactly like that as drumstep tends to not sound as aggressive as dubstep. i dig the dnb track.

you could try studying the structure of dnb songs a bit. the intro parts and especially the buildups are a bit short. there are two reasons for me mentioning this; because it's how most other dnb songs are structured (thinking dj:s) and because the general way of doing it simply works best in this perhaps a bit restricted type of music.

Cool stuff everyone, good to see there's others on here :)

Curious as to how everyone is creating their bass lines. I tend to produce a few sounds in the pitches I want, bounce to track and then cut up the sound into parts I want. How does everyone else go about it? Pure MIDI notes or a mix between some midi and some bounced audio.

Also, can anyone explain the appeal of reason? I've found it horrible and really lacking in features every time I've used it.

First time I tried something like this. ;)
I have made some more since then though.

Last edited by a moderator: