4 - Divination

5 - Darkness Calls

6 - Mother Apocalypse

7 - Circle Of Psycho Universe

8 - Dark Sensual Nymph(D.S.N)

9 - Astral My Land

10. From Beyond Thematics

There is one thing about living over here in the
United States; many great bands go by the wayside and are never fully discovered as they should be. ELLIPSIS is another band that deserves an audience here and one that would find its own niche. ELLIPSIS hail from France, and have released some demos, and this being their second full length album. ELLIPSIS, in a few short words are dark progressive metal with a twist. But, it doesn’t stop there, no sir. Other influences seep into each and every song, be it something that sounds strange in nature that you have become accustomed to with THE DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND or even MR. BUNGLE; some more straight forward yet bizarre rock metal moments influenced by FAITH NO MORE, and into the sub-genre of obscure and heavy landscapes laid forth by CYNIC, and the keyboard drenched death style of NOCTURNUS. Some of the music is heavily layered with some rich and powerful keyboards, but never overpowering to the rest of the band. They of course stay prog-ish in nature and easily comparable to SYMPHONY X, and the purveyors of this style; the inevitable influence of PAIN OF SALVATION. The guitars are dark and heavy at the same time, as I’m not a guitarist, so I could not even begin to state what this is called, but gives it a heavy and doomy sound. Songs really are all over the place, and give you a sense of not knowing what is coming next, be it some lush sounding harmonies, that will in a split second turn into a jazzy free form piece, back into some guitar heavy death moments, all the while being played through the loud speakers at a circus. Techno beats, neo-classical guitar riffs, perfect use of flutes and other wind instruments, symphonic backgrounds, strange sound effects, and that is just the beginning. The music is really that crazy and eccentric, and that really makes this band stick out above the rest. I love genre-breaking moments such as this, and they should be treasured. The production as well goes above and beyond the call of duty, and helps out the overall project immensely. The vocalist has a distinct voice, which is heavily drenched in French accents sometimes, but that is easily forgivable for everything else makes up for my only complaint so far. Sometimes, he reminds me a lot of KING’S X’s Doug Pinnick on some of the quieter moments, and has a darker progressive approach to his vocals like DEAD SOUL TRIBE; some heavier death screams that can go up there with the best of them, and I swear there were times I heard a touch of LIVING COLOUR in his voice. Maybe that is just me, but I heard it. Every song will definitely remind you of something else, and I am getting tired of comparing ELLIPSIS to any more bands. You will just have to listen to them yourselves, and make your own assumptions, as the changes and influences will fly at you fast and furiously.

This is one great find. The music is layered in such a way that nothing ever seems to fall flat. The band labels themselves as “psycho-metal” and if this is what this term really does sound like, you can definitely commit me. This is a definite addition to your humble collection, no matter what genre you claim is your favorite, as this satisfies all of your metallic needs. Welcome to the fold, ELLIPSIS, and prepare to make your place.

Rating: 8.9/10

Evil C

They opened for Opeth , it was the worst show I had ever seen. Never heard any song in studio conditions