'Elm Street's Children' debut video (Ermz, Eddy & Plec)

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

The Elm Street boys have put together another clip for the album we worked on mid last year. They always go all out with the production, and it's cool to see a local gig captured with nice cameras for a change!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu6dAVeE5Q0&hd=1[/ame]

I still listened to the Barbed Wire Metal clip from time to time, I do not only think the production slays, but I also like the song. This video is also quite cool, but liked the Barbed Wire Metal song more :) Love the drums

drums = godly.

not my particular favorite style of music but you already know this =D

bass tone is AMAZING as well...

great balance as others have said and the vocals, while quite up front, fit the genre' like a GLOVE. that's just how it is.... all about the vocal w/metal of this style.

with what I do and am known for, the vocal is more of another instrument in-of-itself..... so yeah, enough ranting..

A lot of the songs on this record are somewhat 'anthemic' in nature, so it's important that the listener can associate with the vocal. I was referencing a lot of Ben Grosse mixes at the time, and felt that balance suited the music.

I chuckle a bit thinking about the bass. With the way people responded to my very conservative guitar processing chain, I think the bass chain on this record might have elicited some heart attacks. In the realm of 12 to 16 stages of processing, from memory.

Cool Track, singer reminds me of Dave Mustaine.

Made me want to listen to Dream Warriors though. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ haha, nice one.

I'm quite interested to see what the guys come up with on the next album. All these songs were written while they were in high school, so the new set are probably going to be a fair bit more technical and 'mature'. But anyway, a European tour is next on the cards for them this year - maybe some of you guys might catch them at a festival or something.