Eluveitie's Pagan Fest USA Setlist (Mokena Show)

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
For all those keeping score, here's Eluveitie's setlist for their show in Mokena, straight from bassist Rafi Kirder:

inis mona
grey sublime archon
of fire wind and wisdom
bloodstained ground
the somber lay
your gaulish war
tegernako

Eluveitie ruled at Pagan Fest. They are extremely high energy. A non-stop blur of motion. Great songs, too. We had more fun watching Eluveitie than any other band playing that night.

I'll post photos and clips from their set at The Pearl Room on Metal Wyrd in a few days.

I saw the show in St. Paul but since I'm only really familiar with their Ragnarok album so I only recognized a couple songs. They opened with 2 tracks from their forthcoming album. Then they played Wings of Time followed by Hail to the Hammer. They closed with a track from Eric the Red which i can't recall the name of. Kind of weak that they only played 5 songs.

I hate to say it, but Tyr was crap. Who the hell starts off their set with songs that not one single person knows? dumb!
the Peavey 5150's that they used sounded like pure shit.
at least I got to hear Hail to the Hammer

Turisas totally surprised me. I have heard their latest album but I didn't think much of it at the time but after seeing them live I think i'll give it another shot.

Just got back from the seattle show

Suidakra - Amazing
Eluveitie - Clearly the band of the evening
Tyr - Way better than everyone else said. Crowd reaction wasn't the best, but I personally was headbanging and singing along with everything but the new track
Turisas - A little annoyed by the over-usage of backing tracks and the violin sounded like it was running through a processor that gave it a trumpet sound. Did not at all live up to expectations, but I can't say that they were disappointing. Great band, but I have to say that I enjoyed Tyr more.
Ensiferum - Being sick for 5 days doesn't mix with an entire night of amazing metal, so i left 2 songs into their set. They were great though, but i'm not upset for missing the rest of their set.

i damn near started crying during suidakra's set. They were incredible and these are all bands i never thought i'd see. It was an overwhelming night overall and i can't say what an impact it left. Fucking phenomenal.

Portland is tonight (i'm not able to take the time off work and i'm close to broke or else i'd be there as well). One of the guitarists has a broken wrist but they still pulled off an incredible show, as always. My third time seeing them and they never fail to pull out an incredible show. I was singing along and headbanging the whole time and by the end the crowd started getting way into it, so it was really cool. They seemed to be really happy. Pete Jay also had the flu or something shitty like that but he still rocked.

So yeah, that was probably the best line-up i've ever seen. Great show.

ok, i went to their myspace and listend to the three songs on there

HOLY SHITE :puke: this is fucking ghastly!! :mad:

It sounds completely generic and manufactured....present day Nu-InFlames mixed with half assed folk elements.

Looks like I'll be at the bar when they're playing

ok, i went to their myspace and listend to the three songs on there

HOLY SHITE :puke: this is fucking ghastly!! :mad:

It sounds completely generic and manufactured....present day Nu-InFlames mixed with half assed folk elements.

Looks like I'll be at the bar when they're playing

They don't have the cushion of being deep in to the card, which means we will be relatively sober to gasp at every little nuance of their horrible act that we sentiently perceive. :erk:

Does any one know if Ensiferum played Tale of Revenge?

NM.

Ensiferum:

Iron
One More Magic Potion
Ahti
Lai Lai Hei
Guardians Of Fate
Dragonheads
Token Of Time
Medley
Victory Song
Blood Is The Price Of Glory
Treacherous Gods
Battle Song

Fuck, not too many songs from Iron, I see.

Mike, it's pretty much confirmed that Tyr is playing a scant 20 minutes.

In other news, apparently Toronto had the pleasure of seeing Eluveifaggity replaced by the almighty Gwynbleidd. Considering everyone in attendance paid to see folk metal N-Flaymez, they went over about as well as foreskin at a briss.

I don't feel as if Long Beach gig is going to be packed to the brim with jump da fuck up vikings, as this tour ran through the Sunset Strip last night. Thank you Odin!!!