ELVENKING for 2008!!!!!

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
After hours of death and doom, this fest needs the upbeat sounds of Elvenking. I am starting the thread now to build the hype for next year. Rob and Chris...get your asses working next years fest earlier and book the Gods of Metal...Elvenking.

I think 2008 EARTH and BORIS should headline!!!

Actumen, why didn't you introduce yourself to me?????

Anyhow, CANDLEMASS for 2008!!!

I will post my review and thoughts of Sat night later when I am not so tired....

Cost of Powerfest ticket = $25
Nov Doom playing "Silent Tomorrow" = Priceless!!! :headbang:

We definetly needed more power metal this year.....it would have bought in more people, I was pulling what is left of my hair out by the end of the night on saturday...too much death/doom. I was having Milwaukee Metalfest flashbacks.

Too desperate??? It wasnt too hard to get front row last night!

It was cool too meet everyone last night though. Though some people are more social online than in person.

I had a bunch of people standing directly behind me eyeing my spot, and I was holding it out for Atheist anyway, so I didn't want to move. That and I was just lazy, let's face it.

Actumen, why didn't you introduce yourself to me?????

Anyhow, CANDLEMASS for 2008!!!

I will post my review and thoughts of Sat night later when I am not so tired....

Cost of Powerfest ticket = $25
Nov Doom playing "Silent Tomorrow" = Priceless!!! :headbang:

I was so fucking happy they played that, especially because on Friday I was talking to Paul and I asked him if they would play Silent Tomorrow and he said it was a "definite maybe" and the ended up doing it! Fucking awesome!

We definetly needed more power metal this year.....it would have bought in more people, I was pulling what is left of my hair out by the end of the night on saturday...too much death/doom. I was having Milwaukee Metalfest flashbacks.

I know saturday night's lineup wasn't really your thing Bob, but thanks for coming out and supporting the bands. Thank you to everyone else on this forum that came out to the fest also. We all had a blast being part of this fest, and meeting alot of the UM posters at the show. I'm going to get on Chris and Rob's ass to book Rhapsody for next year! :headbang:

I know saturday night's lineup wasn't really your thing Bob, but thanks for coming out and supporting the bands. Thank you to everyone else on this forum that came out to the fest also. We all had a blast being part of this fest, and meeting alot of the UM posters at the show. I'm going to get on Chris and Rob's ass to book Rhapsody for next year! :headbang:

And then you can wear the crown! (IF Ken actually remembers to bring it)

I came out to support the fest and to see you guys play. great set too.

I hope things went well enough for the guys that they'll put on another Powerfest next year. I know it's got to be getting tougher and tougher to make it happen, but it's really picking up steam as well, with more promotion and interest from the public. So I really hope they're able to pull it off again.

And I second the motion for Candlemass. I really think they'd do well.

And I actually really liked the mix of styles on this bill this year. I think that for people who aren't much of a fan of death or doom style bands I could understand their frustration. But by the same token, I know of quite a few people who wouldn't have attended had those bands not been on the bill. So it can go either way really. I think Rob and Chris have a pretty good sense of how to mix it up.

Anyhow I'm hoping that maybe a few power metal fans were at least somewhat impressed with our set, and realise that we're not all completely doom 'n gloom ;)

Well Pate, when Bob and I introduced ourselves to you , you gave us a look like we had snakes coming out of our heads or something.....

It's cool.. No biggie. I just thought you would have at least given me a nice big hug or something....

I hope things went well enough for the guys that they'll put on another Powerfest next year. I know it's got to be getting tougher and tougher to make it happen, but it's really picking up steam as well, with more promotion and interest from the public. So I really hope they're able to pull it off again.

And I second the motion for Candlemass. I really think they'd do well.

And I actually really liked the mix of styles on this bill this year. I think that for people who aren't much of a fan of death or doom style bands I could understand their frustration. But by the same token, I know of quite a few people who wouldn't have attended had those bands not been on the bill. So it can go either way really. I think Rob and Chris have a pretty good sense of how to mix it up.

Anyhow I'm hoping that maybe a few power metal fans were at least somewhat impressed with our set, and realise that we're not all completely doom 'n gloom ;)

I actually bought my first Novembers Doom disc a few weeks back...Jason has been pestering me for months to get one. I did finally and was an instant fan. I thought you guys put on a really good live show too. No complaints from a guy who loves to complain.