2008 Powerfest prediction thread

I didnt mean cause such an ordeal. My apologies, Rob and Chris.

Don't sweat it...no big deal.

Just wanted to let ppl here know that if the band was attempting to get in without proper papers (basically do the sneaky sneaky :p), there's a very good chance the US will ban them for 7+ years...as a standard. Sure, if the band appeals, then MAYBE the US will let them in sooner. Bottom line though is that it wouldn't be worth our hassle & for you guys to therefore leave them off your lists of potential Powerfest bands. ;)

Well, there's usually slightly more or higher-profile power metal than prog at ProgPower. Plus, it's definitely worth going at least once, just for the experience... it's definitely not like any other metal festival in the states. Most years, I'm only interested in about half of the bands, but I've gone to every single one so far. Hell, even John Frank goes every few years, and he's not into prog or power in general (for the most part).

I don't know that I'd recommend it over any other festival -- if you have limited options, you should go to whichever fests are most important to you, and the ProgPower trip is often quite expensive -- but if you can swing it, definitely attend at least one ProgPower, even if the lineup isn't your favorite.

There lies my other issue, me not being a big "power" metal fan either! :lol: I'd pick prog over power, but you see what I mean. I do go to the more local fests, as most people on here already know. I like fests that have a good smattering of the different genres. Though I truly do enjoy the mingling, "partying" aspect, my first priority is the bands that are offered. With me lurking the ProgPower forum the last few days, I see that I have five months to decide for next year anyway. :)

I think Novembers Doom doing an acoustic set would also be an interesting choice. It would make it a great one time thing for people to see.

imagine..........

Turisas
Ensiferum
Power Quest
Novembers Doom acoustic

I can hear the buzz and the crowd going nuts already.

Were you inspired by the fact that ND is doing their first acoustic performance across the pond in the not so distant future? I've heard a few people say that they'd love to see that stateside.

Were you inspired by the fact that ND is doing their first acoustic performance across the pond in the not so distant future? I've heard a few people say that they'd love to see that stateside.

THIS.WOULD.RULE!
You can go to the Nov Doom forum to see some lengthy discussion on this topic.
It would be a unique event indeed.
It is a crying shame that this band is so underappreciated here in the States that they have to go to Belgium to film their DVD and do this special performance. Though from seeing the YOUTUBE footage of their crowd reaction there, I can understand why.

I think it would bring in lots of people from out of town or who were on the fence about coming. Make it a one time thing in the states and that will make people want to travel in.

with that and Turisas. that is already bringing in the people. Even with a few other bands, maybe someone like Cage and then a bigger act. Powerfest is set.

And power metal draws all the girly men who run around in tu-tus while singing about elves and swords.

I guess we just shouldn't have anyone there.

Ken

you are wrong there. Go to any death metal show. You do get a lower level of intellegent people there. The ones who just go to a show to mosh, or in thier case, just run into each other all night and knock into people. I have no issues with death metal asides for the cream of the crap that they cal thier fanbase.