2008 Powerfest prediction thread

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Since ProgPower is pretty much all booked up already. Who do you think will play 2008's Powerfest. I know one band who wont....Elvenking.

I have a feeling that 12th Gate and Ion Vein with the possiblities of Testament and Susperia playing too. Hopefully not , having seen them both live before, I could go without seeing them again.

Still hoping for Turisas.

Turisas would be such a great band to have play. They have a growing fanbase and looks like they put on a hell of a show. After seeing the people come out for Finntroll, they same people would be there for Turisas. A band like this with an early announcement would cause people to check them out and then come to the show.

Testament would be cool, but been there done that. Enough of the old, there are so many new acts.

I think Cage would be another great band to have. Such aggression and an intense live show would be killer.

I have a feeling that 12th Gate and Ion Vein with the possiblities of Testament and Susperia playing too. Hopefully not , having seen them both live before, I could go without seeing them again.

I normally hate Diabolik's opinion, but if the lineup is Testament, Susperia, Twelfth Gate and Ion Vein... That would be the best Powerfest yet in my book!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I think that Turisas would draw in lots of people. They are a newer band that havent played the states yet. Lots of the newer kids to metal know who they are, they have folk, power metal, and epic metal touches to thier songs, plus their two disc are both incredible. I think this type of band is what is needed to really get the ball rolling. Then to get someone like Cage or Ensiferum. damn, they show would have lots of buzz, more than a beehive.

plus too, look at the hype Elvenking has caused over at the ProgPower board.....that buzz could have been here. hopefully the same mistake wont happen twice. one word TURISAS!!!!!

Maybe they can get Vanden Plas since they canceled at ProgPower. I know there were lots of people that came and really wanted to see them, but were let down. I would come to Powerfest just for VP.

I think that Turisas would draw in lots of people. They are a newer band that havent played the states yet. Lots of the newer kids to metal know who they are, they have folk, power metal, and epic metal touches to thier songs, plus their two disc are both incredible. I think this type of band is what is needed to really get the ball rolling. Then to get someone like Cage or Ensiferum. damn, they show would have lots of buzz, more than a beehive.

plus too, look at the hype Elvenking has caused over at the ProgPower board.....that buzz could have been here. hopefully the same mistake wont happen twice. one word TURISAS!!!!!

Except internet hype doesn't always directly translate to mass ticket sales. I think if you went to some metalcore show and asked the kids "hey, do you know Turisas?" You'd get a surprising volley of "no's."

Testament would bring in a huge crowd (and price tag), since I don't think they've played anywhere near Chicago since 99/2000, or even before.

I know that internet hype means shit when it comes to ticket sales. But from seeing the amount of young kids who came out for Finntroll, Edguy, and Sonata in the past weeks, these are the people who would come out for a band like Turisas. A band like that or even like Vaden Plas, who I am not even a fan of, would draw people in. While Testament is a great band but they have been around so long it would really get anyone exicted. thier drawing power may be on the fence, at a show closer to the city you may draw more but the folks who dont drive cant make it out to the Pearl Room, this would cut lots of the fans right there. Plus seeing them at the Metal Gods tour, there were lots of fans there but not anything that would make peoples heads turn.

Since ProgPower is pretty much all booked up already. Who do you think will play 2008's Powerfest. I know one band who wont....Elvenking.

Still hoping for Turisas.

dude... I don't know you, but I was at ProgPower this weekend, and I cracked up and thought of you immediately when Elvenking was announced for PPIX. :lol: I love to make fun of them, because of the cheesy image, but I had never heard them... the clip they played was pretty fookin' cool though. I'll have to do some further research.

I wondered how many people thought of me when they announced Elvenking this weekend. I know that lots of forum people were down there. They really are worth checking out. Get Heathenreel first then Winters Wake then Wyrd. great band.

I'd love to see either Elvenking or Korpiklaani at Powerfest... or both. Dunno how tough those bands are to get though.

"Pagan Purity" is seriously the catchiest song ever.

I must admit that I did immediately think of you, Diabolik, when I read the line-up for next year's PPUSA. I've never been to ProgPower, but this year there was only one band I'd care to have seen, and that was Raintime. Next year, it's Riverside. That was a shocker announcement to me. Great band. I'm not a big "Prog" person to begin with, so spending a shitload of money to go to Atlanta just hasn't seemed worth it to me. Things change though, so ya never know.

Anyway, as for next year's Powerfest, I don't know anymore.

I must admit that I did immediately think of you, Diabolik, when I read the line-up for next year's PPUSA. I've never been to ProgPower, but this year there was only one band I'd care to have seen, and that was Raintime. Next year, it's Riverside. That was a shocker announcement to me. Great band. I'm not a big "Prog" person to begin with, so spending a shitload of money to go to Atlanta just hasn't seemed worth it to me. Things change though, so ya never know.

Anyway, as for next year's Powerfest, I don't know anymore.

I think everyone on Ultimate Metal thought of me when Elvenking was announced.

I think Novembers Doom doing an acoustic set would also be an interesting choice. It would make it a great one time thing for people to see.

imagine..........

Turisas
Ensiferum
Power Quest
Novembers Doom acoustic

I can hear the buzz and the crowd going nuts already.

I honestly don't know who might get booked next year.
I assume they will go after Nevermore and Testament again.
Maybe some reunited acts like Sadus or Forbidden?
I am sure there will be a couple locals, possibly Ion Vein debuting their new vocalist.

My top two bands I would love to see though prolly wouldn't happen are Candlemass and My Dying Bride.

I honestly don't know who might get booked next year.
I assume they will go after Nevermore and Testament again.
Maybe some reunited acts like Sadus or Forbidden?
I am sure there will be a couple locals, possibly Ion Vein debuting their new vocalist.

My top two bands I would love to see though prolly wouldn't happen are Candlemass and My Dying Bride.

enough of the reunited bands. Sadus and Forbidden wouldnt draw much. I am a big Forbidden fan too. I would dread if Nevermore played. It would definetly be an early night for me.