Elvenking New Single

Trollface rules.

Anyway, I love this song. If it's any indication of the rest of the album, they're going to win a lot of their fans back that didn't care for The Scythe, this seems like a progression from The Winter Wake more than The Scythe, which, frankly, I think is great. I LIKED The Scythe a lot, but I don't know if I was thrilled with more material progressing from it.

Raw power, great sound, and a hell of a voice. I can't wait for the CD.

Anyway, I love this song. If it's any indication of the rest of the album, they're going to win a lot of their fans back that didn't care for The Scythe, this seems like a progression from The Winter Wake more than The Scythe, which, frankly, I think is great. I LIKED The Scythe a lot, but I don't know if I was thrilled with more material progressing from it.

Definitely agreed with you that's the right direction - but how did you fellas feel about Two Tragedy Poets? I'd love to hear them do a few of the acoustic tracks from that album in their usual style, especially "Ask a Silly Question."

Trollface rules.

Raw power, great sound, and a hell of a voice. I can't wait for the CD.

Other mhan "Jaded Heart," was the Scyth too far off from their usual style? I didn't think it was way different than The Winter Wake. If I had to pick their oddball album, I call Wyrd, which I like. Personally I think "Infection" is their best song.

This song sounds okay, but I hope they pick up the pace a bit on other tracks.

Other mhan "Jaded Heart," was the Scyth too far off from their usual style? I didn't think it was way different than The Winter Wake. If I had to pick their oddball album, I call Wyrd, which I like. Personally I think "Infection" is their best song.

Musically, it was not really a huge departure perhaps. But there are definitely some strong hints of experiment in theme, especially with the spoken bits weaving a story. I definitely liked The Scythe too, but I did find myself doing a more skipping songs after the first one-through than on previous albums.

I liked Wyrd as well... if you can get past the fact that Damna's distinct voice is missing, the composition wasn't all that bad!

They definitely need to come and do a USA tour ASAP! Barring label issues and negotiations, it shouldn't be too hard to find a bill they could fit enough to play at least a support slot on over here (though headlining would be killer!).

Sounds like he's been working on his vocals. I'll disagree with Nailz. This is much more Scythe than WinterWake. This is a very modern sound. I can see them picking up new fans from this. I don't see old fans loving this. Doesn't have the punkyfolkpower attitude. But I like it, and think it bodes well for the upcoming album. They are starting to act like a band that isn't satisfied with repeating themselves. Props.

but how did you fellas feel about Two Tragedy Poets?

They kept calling it an experimental album, but frankly, I thought it was the perfect complement and a great sister CD to The Scythe. I loved it.

magius said:

The Scythe was heavier and darker than anything they'd ever released, and was nearly completely devoid of any Heathenreel-like elements. Every song was dark and incredibly aggressive except for "A Riddle of Stars". Yes, it was a departure of their 'normal sound' in many eyes, but the folk was definitely there. The sound changed between TWW and TS, it didn't progress. I still really like it a lot.

Wyrd, on the other hand, I have never pretended to enjoy. I actually despise that album. Through the split between Damna and the band, it was pretty heated, and I don't think the majority of the band wanted it to happen, and when Kleid came in to sing, while he has a really neat voice, the whole vibe of the album was just shot to shit. It's a good album on its own, kind of, but it certainly, to me, really isn't elvenking. It doesn't have the same spirit Heathenreel and TWW have.

When it was revealed Damna was coming back after doing some side work and Jarpen was leaving, I was thrilled. Damnagoras and Aydan just work magic together when creating songs. Jarpen is a fantastic guitar player and I wish he would've hung around, but musical differences and all. He did do some stuff on TWW, and it was just badass, which was a relief.

They definitely need to come and do a USA tour ASAP! Barring label issues and negotiations, it shouldn't be too hard to find a bill they could fit enough to play at least a support slot on over here (though headlining would be killer!).

I would be all over this, obviously.

where's the folk?

They're not a folk metal band. Some of their songs just happen to have folkish elements in them. Anyone in the band will tell you this every time.

Well, aside from that abortion of a Belinda Carlisle cover of course.

Shut your filthy mouth. :lol:

Trollface looks like a certain member of the forum who was actually "removed" for a while.

rotflmao....

This is good. Saw them at Metalfest, Dudley, UK last Autumn and they were awesome! They all stayed in my hotel and a nicer bunch of guys you wouldnt not want to meet!

I'm actually surprised you weren't too busy waiting for pizza to see this.

:D

I'll take that slice of pizza and that double rainbow and show you where you'll get it... :lol: And by the way, I caught TWO SONGS!

Elvenking tour? Hell yeah!!!! Elvenking Folk? I think based on a few of their songs it'd be fair to call them folk metal. To me, they're simply a power metal band with a lot of folk elements, much like Falconer and Blind Guardian.