ELVENKING SETLIST -- any guesses

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
So I only have two Elvenking albums and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what they'll play?

So far, my guesses are:

On the Morning Dew from Winter's Wake
Rats are Following from Winter's Wake

(both of these sound like likely candidates from this album)

The Scythe from the Scythe (seems fairly obvious)
A Riddle of Stars from this album also??

What does everyone else think?
Nathan

A SHIT LOAD OF AWESOMENESS

rotfl, QFT..

SPOILER WARNING.

I would assume the setlist would comprise of some of the following, knowing what I know of the band:

The Winter Wake*
Pagan Purity*
The Silk Dilemma
Rouse Your Dreams
Swallow Tail
Riddle of Stars (though.. 8 minutes?)
Poison Tears
The Divided Heart*
The Scythe
The Wanderer
Infection
I'm hoping one personally special song to make its way to the set, specifically requested by me.

*I guarentee you these will be played. Though the order here is totally random and what I remember from most of the setlists from TWW to this past mini-tour they're doing.

You most likely won't get On the Morning Dew from Winter's Wake considering they're going to want to destroy the place, and Rats are Following just wouldn't translate well live.

I'm really hoping for White Willow. That song has one of the best choruses ever written by anyone.

If I had to guess, I'd say Elvenking's set list will consist of one, maybe two Grey Goose and Red Bulls, and some fun conversation with friends. Perhaps a CD purchase for an encore.

Zod

Considering how vastly superior their debut album is to the other 3 albums, I'm going to be disappointed with any setlist they do. Anything off the debut plus "Moonchariot", "The Divided Heart" will be fine with me.

The Michael

Zod hates everything.
Well... not everything.

I actually love good Power Metal. But "good" is the operative word. Unfortunately, the genre is not blessed with an abundance of creativity. It seems Metal's better songwriters often gravitate towards other sub-genres, where they can spread their creative wings a bit wider. I suspect this is because Power Metal's boundaries are quite narrow.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's only on the floor for 3 songs. lol
Nahh...

Amorphis - full set
Riverside - full set... in awe
Iron Savior - maybe a song or two
Andromeda - probably the full set
Elvenking - not a song
Pathosray - I'll give them a few songs to win me over

Iced Earth - genuflecting in the general direction of Barlow for the full set
Jon Oliva’s Pain - not a song
Volbeat - probably the full set
Rob Rock - I'll give him one song to grab me
Spheric Universe Experience - I'll give them a few songs to win me over
TBD - TBD

Zod

I dunno man. "good" is less operative and more opinionized. But i agree, Power metal definitely has it's sound and not a lot of bands on the scene deviate from it at all, and I think it's disenfranchised me quite a bit. I'm always looking for different, a diamond in the rough if you will. Still, I guess I'm under the impression that Power Metal should be seen as a blanket, and always considered "Prog".. and this is going to sound weird.. to be a lot more narrow focused. Like you, I know what I like and what I don't, and far too many Prog labeled bands have assulted my ears whom I thought were just awful, awful noise, all sounding exactly the same.

That said, I will definitely be checking out every band this year, at least a few songs. Why? The best example is Epica and Symphony X: I loved the FUCK out of their performances and absolutely loathe their studio releases.

I dunno man. "good" is less operative and more opinionized.
Correct. And in my explanation, I just assumed "good" is recognized as a term relative to the listener. However, some people simply love the genre and everything in it. Others are less forgiving.

That said, I will definitely be checking out every band this year, at least a few songs. Why? The best example is Epica and Symphony X: I loved the FUCK out of their performances and absolutely loathe their studio releases.
I give those bands, who have a shot at winning me over, a chance to hook me. However, there are some acts that simply have no shot at converting me. With such acts, there's no point wasting my time.

Zod

Well... not everything.

I actually love good Power Metal. But "good" is the operative word. Unfortunately, the genre is not blessed with an abundance of creativity. It seems Metal's better songwriters often gravitate towards other sub-genres, where they can spread their creative wings a bit wider. I suspect this is because Power Metal's boundaries are quite narrow.

Nahh...

Amorphis - full set
Riverside - full set... in awe
Iron Savior - maybe a song or two
Andromeda - probably the full set
Elvenking - not a song
Pathosray - I'll give them a few songs to win me over

Iced Earth - genuflecting in the general direction of Barlow for the full set
Jon Oliva’s Pain - not a song
Volbeat - probably the full set
Rob Rock - I'll give him one song to grab me
Spheric Universe Experience - I'll give them a few songs to win me over
TBD - TBD

Zod

Looks like you will be on the floor for most of the show. What will all the highbrow music pseudo-intellectuals do without you holding court by the bar telling them why the band playing sucks?
:heh: