Embedding Album Art .mp3 ID3 tagging question

Oct 16, 2010
Uk
Hi.

So I've been Googling this for some time now and haven't really gotten anywhere... I want to embed my own personal artwork for my album in to my songs.

The results that come back are always related to already established bands, so obviously I'm not going to be in any databases so I need the picture to be saved within the files.

I've downloaded a programme which looks like it's done the job, it works on my computer, but when I export to my Android phone, it still comes up with "album art unavailable".

Short of including the .jpeg within a folder is there any way to do this?

At the minute I'm just working with .mp3, I fear it's gonna be even trickier doing so with my 16-bit Master .wav CD...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I use a freebie called Mp3tag to add id stuff including cover art to mp3s. Does batch functions for whole albums too.

I use a freebie called Mp3tag to add id stuff including cover art to mp3s. Does batch functions for whole albums too.

I did stumble across that programme, although it appears to use databases which I wont be on, I need to be able to save the image in to the .mp3 files if that's possible?

Not sure about the database thing, I only use it for music I've made myself so I've never accessed any resources for it and yeah it does embed art via saving the file, just browse for the picture as album art and it'll create a picture in the directory with the music and show up in the various media players.

I use iTunes for my own music.
Just import the album, edit the info if you have to [even lets you set if it's a gapless album], and it'll let you apply an album art.

I use iTunes for my own music.
Just import the album, edit the info if you have to [even lets you set if it's a gapless album], and it'll let you apply an album art.

So will iTunes then embed it so I can send my album to a friend and he'll automatically have the album art on his computer too? That's my goal here, when I release the album, I want my artwork to show on their computers too.

Thanks.

So will iTunes then embed it so I can send my album to a friend and he'll automatically have the album art on his computer too? That's my goal here, when I release the album, I want my artwork to show on their computers too.

Thanks.

Indeed.
Before putting up my stuff for download, I always open it in my iTunes, make sure the info is correct, set whether it's gapless or not [usually is because I like that type of album] and then add my album art.

It'll embed it in the files and all that. I think if you put the whole folder in a .zip file and then check the folder, an "album art.jpg" should show up, but it's otherwise hidden.

The mp3 file sizes should increase too. So I'd suggest using a picture around 700x700 or something.

I once used a full sized picture because I didn't think twice about it. The picture was like 3000x3000 and the mp3 files were at least 3 MB larger haha.

Indeed.
Before putting up my stuff for download, I always open it in my iTunes, make sure the info is correct, set whether it's gapless or not [usually is because I like that type of album] and then add my album art.

It'll embed it in the files and all that. I think if you put the whole folder in a .zip file and then check the folder, an "album art.jpg" should show up, but it's otherwise hidden.

The mp3 file sizes should increase too. So I'd suggest using a picture around 700x700 or something.

I once used a full sized picture because I didn't think twice about it. The picture was like 3000x3000 and the mp3 files were at least 3 MB larger haha.

Thanks for all the info guys, iTunes it is since it's tried and tested :)

I've already downloaded it and it requires me to sign in to try downloading album art or edit anything... Okay fair enough... Second page... Payment options...? Where's the option to skip that for now? Jesus fucking Christ! I HAVE to unnecessarily type them in in order to finish creating my account even though it wont charge me. That takes the piss!!

Nevermind the last rant bit... Still gay that you have to do that, but just to edit for the purposes I want, it looks like I don't have to make an account :p

You don't have todo any of that, don't click on "get album artwork", click on "get info" and edit the artwork and everything else yourself.

Get album artwork is to automatically get it from the iTunes database, but that supposedly only works with albums that are available in iTunes, but for me it's never worked at all for some reason