emergency cubase problem.. corrupt project???

[UEAK]Clowd

Apr 29, 2008
I am about to kill myself.

working on this mix, probably my best production/tracking/mix yet, and I go to add an S1-shuffler, but it doesn't appear. I try again.. same thing.

close cubase, restart cubase, open project, and I get this. I press ok and cubase just gives me that "a serious error has occured" message and closes.

corrupt.jpg

http://www.gamesiren.com/fhd/corrupt.jpg (for some reason you have to copy/paste this link???)

I've restarted cubase multiple times, restarted my computer, no luck...

something very smililar happened to me a while ago with cubase and ableton, turned out that if i deleted the plug in from the vst folder where cubase acesses them the project would then open and alert me of the missing plug in but it worked, but bearing in mind this was a free unreliable vst i got somewhere cant even remember what it was now,

sounds similar that it happened after you inserted a plug but, a waves plug:erk: not too sure mate

something very smililar happened to me a while ago with cubase and ableton, turned out that if i deleted the plug in from the vst folder where cubase acesses them the project would then open and alert me of the missing plug in but it worked, but bearing in mind this was a free unreliable vst i got somewhere cant even remember what it was now,

sounds similar that it happened after you inserted a plug but, a waves plug:erk: not too sure mate

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i cant even open the backups of this project anymore. maybe i should try disabling the waves plugins just for now to see if it will load. thanks man

Yeah most definitely sounds like a dodgy .dll file from a VST. Same thing happened to me with a dodgy free VST.

You don't have to delete it though, just pull out the Waves .dll folder from your VST plugins folder, pull it to the desktop or whatever... Reload the project, make sure you unload the plugin(s) even though they aren't active because they can be no longer found and resave it.

Then just drag the folder back in if it all works again and see if you can narrow down the problem per .dll file.

Yeah most definitely sounds like a dodgy .dll file from a VST. Same thing happened to me with a dodgy free VST.

You don't have to delete it though, just pull out the Waves .dll folder from your VST plugins folder, pull it to the desktop or whatever... Reload the project, make sure you unload the plugin(s) even though they aren't active because they can be no longer found and resave it.

Then just drag the folder back in if it all works again and see if you can narrow down the problem per .dll file.

thank the LORD

you guys are the best.

it was the waves plugins for sure BTW. guess you don't get a lot for your money these days.

now to narrow it down to which one..

turns out its actually supertap

which sucks, because I had like 8 of them in this project and i had some pretty bad ass FX going with them... I tried reinstalling Horizon but it didn't fix it.

maybe I'll try e-mailing Waves

edit: ugh its still fucked up. it loads but all the GUIs are blank.

edit2: upon further inspection, I think I may actually be running out of ram. I've got about 13 instances of eastwest play engine on this.

edit3: ok looks like that was the problem.. don't know why it just suddenly creeped up now though. guess I'll have to mix the orchestral stuff in another project and import it.

This is a big problem of cubase,to be precise cubase under windows.
i don't know why not many ppl notice it.
When project builds up,plugin screens become blank,some plugins wouldn't load
etc.
This is windows memory allocation problem.

I've fixed it with setting UserVa 3072 (For 3GB RAM) and disabling swap file

This is a big problem of cubase,to be precise cubase under windows.
i don't know why not many ppl notice it.
When project builds up,plugin screens become blank,some plugins wouldn't load
etc.
This is windows memory allocation problem.

I've fixed it with setting UserVa 3072 (For 3GB RAM) and disabling swap file

can you elaborate on that please ?

I use win 7.This problem affects all x32 windows.
USERVA is the same thing as /3GB key in XP
It's working for me only when USERVA enabled AND pagefile disabled,your results may vary.
I've copypasted and saved instructions in case of reinstalling win :)
Here we go:

Enabling UserVA:
1. Log in as an administrator using your newly created boot option (if you created one; if not, use your regular boot option. Note that if you only have one boot option in your bootloader, the bootloader is skipped entirely, so you can skip straight to logging in. Be sure you do so as an Administrator.).
2. Open the Start menu, type cmd in the Search box, and right-click on cmd.exe and choose "Run as Administrator"
3. Type in BCDEDIT /Set IncreaseUserVa 3072 (Note: the '3072' can be changed to suit your needs. I would not go below 2600 or higher than 3100 personally. Refer to Microsoft's guidelines on the /3GB & UserVA switches for XP for more information)
--This method will set the UserVA for the boot option currently in use. If you're following my mini-guide, this is what you want, and why I suggested creating a separate boot option so we could have a dedicated boot option for using UserVA.
--If you need to modify a different Vista boot option than the one you are currently using, use this instead: bcdedit /set {Your desired entry's SID} IncreaseUserVa 3072 (Note: replace 'Your desired entry's SID with the SID# for the boot option you wish to modify)
4. Hit Enter; you should get a confirmation message. Reboot. The next time you boot into the modified boot option, it should be using UserVA.
5. If you wish to check whether you did things correctly, simply type bcdedit in the command prompt. The modified boot option should have a userva option, whereas the other one(s) shouldn't.