EMG 707, 81-7 or SH-8 Invader 7 ?

I don't have any experience with Invaders, but 81-7 has the same housing as 707 and it is 7 string version of 81, just like 707 is 7-st. version of 85.

This is incorrect! :loco:

The 707 is not a 7 string version of the 85. It uses the same type of magnent as the 85 but is voiced a bit differently.

The 707 is voiced between the 81 & 85, its basically 70% 85 or something. The 7-81 is also not a clone of the 6 string equivalent, its pretty much 80% 81 and 20% 85. This is what i've been told, and after hearing both i'd have to completely agree

Kry said:
The 707 is voiced between the 81 & 85, its basically 70% 85 or something. The 7-81 is also not a clone of the 6 string equivalent, its pretty much 80% 81 and 20% 85. This is what i've been told, and after hearing both i'd have to completely agree
I am really curious as to where you got that information because what I said is the response I got from EMG Tech e-mail.

commandante said:
I am really curious as to where you got that information because what I said is the response I got from EMG Tech e-mail.

I have guitars with the pickups in them, and I can tell you from hearing them, they're not 7-string versions of the 85.

BUT, I was also told by the EMG artist rep that they're not exactally the same as an 85.

The 707 uses the same magnets as the 85, but they are wound differently.

All in all, the 707 is my favorite EMG... if they made a 6-string version I'd put it in all my guitars (thank God they don't cuz that would be expensive :D)