EMG Pickups

yeah the 707's are pretty ok.I had a 7 string with 707's, but now I hhave another 7 string with DImarzio Blaze pickups.They are much better.

and yes,tomawesome, I agree with you. So many metal albums have that same sound. I hate that shit.

I use 81 in bridge and 60A in neck. I love using the 60A in the neck for soloing and that's about all I use it for. It really brightens up the dull neck sound of a neck-thru guitar. 95% of the solos I do are using that neck pickup. 81 in the bridge for all rhythm playing, very trebly for great harmonics and mean sounding with an edge.

IMHO anyway...but that's how I tracked almost every song on the new album.

So im rebuilsing a fender strat and fancy sticking some Emgs in it, i already have seymour duncans in a schecter revenger but fancy the step up to emg's, iv decided on a 60 for the neck but really cant secide on an 81 or 85 on bridge, wanting a resonably versatile pickup for lead mostly, any sudgestions? btw im a bit of a noob haha im only 15 and have playing for just under 5 years but dont know a massive amount about hardware. any help will be appreciated. calvin.neilson@yahoo.co.uk