Eminem kicks ass

Try listening to a rapper with real fucking talent.

Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Tupac, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, L.L. Cool J

All of the above rip Eminem a new asshole.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Don't for get T-bag.

Honestly... all of those guys are fucking talentless.

Metal isn't the only worthwhile music out there. After I hit my mid twenties I was able to see that. Do I like new rap? Absolutley not. But anyone who came out in the 80's and early 90's actually put forth effort into their material. It's not just "Yay-a!" and "O-Kaay!"

And what about Ice T? I suppose he's talentless? Ever hear of Body Count?
Even Slayer is down with them. Least we forget Anthrax has several rap songs in their arsenal.

Go to Hottopic and buy a Cradle of Filth shirt. It'll make you feel better.

GregadetH said:
Try listening to a rapper with real fucking talent.

Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Tupac, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, L.L. Cool J

All of the above rip Eminem a new asshole.

:headbang: Fuck Ya! Not to mention KRS-One, NWA, Wu Tang, Public Enemy, Erick Sermon, Eric B. & Rakim, Tribe Called Quest. Hip hop with intelligent lyrics, and a good rhyme structure, takes talent imo. This is part of a song called Triumph by Wu Tang Clan. Imo these lyrics are pretty good.

"Olympic torch flaming, we burn so sweet
The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat
We crush slow, flaming deluxe slow
For judgement day cometh, conquer, it's war
Allow us to escape, hell glow spinning bomb
Pocket full of shells out the sky, Golden Arms."

"Watch for the wooden soldiers, C-Cypher-Punks couldn't hold us
A thousand men rushing in, not one nigga was sober
Perpendicular to the square, we stand bold like Flare
Escape from your Dragon's Lair, in particular
My beats travel like a vortex, through your spine,
to the top of your cerebrum cortex
Make you feel like you bust a nut from raw sex
Enter through your right ventricle clog up your bloodstream
now terminal, like Grand Central Station
Program fat basslines, on Novation
Getting drunk like a fuck, I'm duckin' five year probation."

Yeah I can't stand all the current rap and all of the rich white kids throughout my school that think they are all ghetto and hot shit because they like it. Original rap actually had a meaning, as opposed to todays asinine "Money, Money, girls, girls, car, girls, money, car, sex, car, money, girls" formula for pointless thug crap.

strik9 said:
:headbang: Fuck Ya! Not to mention KRS-One, NWA, Wu Tang, Public Enemy, Erick Sermon, Eric B. & Rakim, Tribe Called Quest. Hip hop with intelligent lyrics, and a good rhyme structure, takes talent imo. This is part of a song called Triumph by Wu Tang Clan. Imo these lyrics are pretty good.

"Olympic torch flaming, we burn so sweet
The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat
We crush slow, flaming deluxe slow
For judgement day cometh, conquer, it's war
Allow us to escape, hell glow spinning bomb
Pocket full of shells out the sky, Golden Arms."

"Watch for the wooden soldiers, C-Cypher-Punks couldn't hold us
A thousand men rushing in, not one nigga was sober
Perpendicular to the square, we stand bold like Flare
Escape from your Dragon's Lair, in particular
My beats travel like a vortex, through your spine,
to the top of your cerebrum cortex
Make you feel like you bust a nut from raw sex
Enter through your right ventricle clog up your bloodstream
now terminal, like Grand Central Station
Program fat basslines, on Novation
Getting drunk like a fuck, I'm duckin' five year probation."

Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' ta fuck with.:headbang:

Ozzbran said:
Yeah I can't stand all the current rap and all of the rich white kids throughout my school that think they are all ghetto and hot shit because they like it. Original rap actually had a meaning, as opposed to todays asinine "Money, Money, girls, girls, car, girls, money, car, sex, car, money, girls" formula for pointless thug crap.

Fabolous, 50 cent and Lil Jon are prime examples of this kind of retarded rap.

For me, Ludacris was the last rapper to come out whos lyrics were full of humour and meaning. 99.9% of new rap can't touch Cypress Hill, House of Pain or Wu Tang with a ten foot stick.

I don't like rap personally but I'm open-minded to it. I like a few Eminem songs, he at least sounds different from other rappers out today. I've always liked the Beasties, they're so original. The thing with rap now that makes me hate it is the fact that it's on all day every day on TV and radio, MTV2 is pretty much all rap now. Even Fuse is becoming that too. At every red light you hear it blasting from the Honda Civic next to you, it's on every commercial now and I hate it hate it hate it. Everyone I know who listens to rap is a worthless waste of life dirtbag criminal leech on society...I don't know if rap made them that way or just that those people just all like rap. But that's just the people I know, not judging or anything. So I guess I'm not so open-minded to it, I've just never heard of someone doing a drive-by blasting South of Heaven.

GregadetH said:
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' ta fuck with.:headbang:

Hell Ya! Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) is one of the best hip hop/rap albums of all time imo! :headbang: Commercial hip hop or should I say hip pop is terrible. Lyrically, substance wise it's on a par with '80s hair metal. They sing about alot of the same things: girls, cars, money, partying, etc. I love all of those things, but I prefer songs that have some substance to them musically and lyrically. Not everyone's gonna like and respect hip hop/rap, but I'm glad that I can appreciate it, because there's a ton of old school shit that fucking KICKS ASS! :headbang:

Baby I like it raw
R.I.P. Ol' Dirty Bastard
I can so see ODB partying with Rick James in the afterlife! :headbang: :lol: I recommend to any new fan of Wu Tang to check out Return To The 36 Chambers by ODB. It's the best solo album by anyone in Wu Tang imo. :kickass:

GregadetH said:
Metal isn't the only worthwhile music out there. After I hit my mid twenties I was able to see that. Do I like new rap? Absolutley not. But anyone who came out in the 80's and early 90's actually put forth effort into their material. It's not just "Yay-a!" and "O-Kaay!"

And what about Ice T? I suppose he's talentless? Ever hear of Body Count?
Even Slayer is down with them. Least we forget Anthrax has several rap songs in their arsenal.

Go to Hottopic and buy a Cradle of Filth shirt. It'll make you feel better.

:lol: Body Count was awesome! :headbang: I forget his name (Ernie C. maybe) but the guitarist from Body Count produced the last Tony Martin era Sabbath album. As those lyrics I posted proved. Contrary to what my old man thinks, not all hip hop consists of rhymes like "Ok smartie going to a party.". I swear that is the ultimate "all that rap is" baby boomer dad rap lyric quote! :lol:

GregadetH said:
Does it count if I run over hookers in Vice City blasting 'Raining Blood'?

I always did my drive-bys while blasting "Everybody´s working for the weekend".

When is Fifty leaving the closet, it doesn´t take a gaydar to see that he likes his boys well-pumped and with a gay hat.