Eminem kicks ass

strik9 said:
Dude I really don't give a shit that you don't think it takes talent to rap. I'm not gonna waste my time getting in a debate over it. I meant the freestyle comment to mean that, you probably wouldn't do well if you had no experience, therefore it takes some level of talent/skill to be naturally good at it, or if you have to practice it that must mean that any idiot off the street can't just do it. Therefore it must take some level of skill/talent to get good at it. BTW I listen to soul music as well. Al Green rules! :headbang:

Good that you listen to Al Green. I'm no way into MOBO but my friends used to listen to older stuff like that at parties.

Still, you're point about freestyle being talented... it applies to basically every genre there is. I doubt that there's a genre in existence in which you could find a random on a street and expect him/her to be proficient in that genre.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Good that you listen to Al Green. I'm no way into MOBO but my friends used to listen to older stuff like that at parties.

Still, you're point about freestyle being talented... it applies to basically every genre there is. I doubt that there's a genre in existence in which you could find a random on a street and expect him/her to be proficient in that genre.

You're right that it applies to music in general. So why does it take no talent to rap then? Imo if the average person can't do it off the street, be it skiing, archery, or rapping, it must take some talent to do it well is all I was trying to say basically.

strik9 said:
You're right that it applies to music in general. So why does it take no talent to rap then? Imo if the average person can't do it off the street, be it skiing, archery, or rapping, it must take some talent to do it is all I was trying to say basically.

Talent probably does apply to rappers but, like I said, I'm not into MOBO of any kind.

But you're off the street analogy... even rappers don't just pick it up like that, they'll practise too I guess.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Talent probably does apply to rappers but, like I said, I'm not into MOBO of any kind.

But you're off the street analogy... even rappers don't just pick it up like that, they'll practise too I guess.

Ok so it wasn' the best analogy! :lol: I knew that practice comment was coming! :lol: You could apply that to almost everything then. Good skiers and archers are a product of dilligent practice. I think to excel at most things takes a combination of practice(experience) and skill. Most people who are really good at things tend to have a knack or natural skill for it imo. I don't really wanna get into it further, I'm too burned out right now!

strik9 said:
Ok so it wasn' the best analogy! :lol: I knew that practice comment was coming! :lol: You could apply that to almost everything then. Good skiers and archers are a product of dilligent practice. I think to excel at most things takes a combination of practice(experience) and skill. Most people who are really good at things tend to have a knack or natural skill for it imo. I don't really wanna get into it further, I'm too burned out right now!

And if burned out you mean drunk... I'm right with ya!

DiscipleOfThePit said:
And if burned out you mean drunk... I'm right with ya!

:lol: Right on! I meant being burnt or burned out from a long night of burning herb. I'm more of a pothead than anything,but to each their own! I just grabbed so being burnt out isn't a problem anymore! :lol: :headbang:

ZTPioneer said:
Wow, that's quite a tale, Greg.
:OMG:

Look, I'm over getting pissed at your comments. I didn't even post anything negative towards you. So, why edit my comments at a weak attempt to make sport of me?

You obviously get off on trying to tear others down. It's sad actually.:erk:
This will be the very last time I aknowledge your existence.

Bye bye, now.:wave:

GregadetH said:
Look, I'm over getting pissed at your comments. I didn't even post anything negative towards you. So, why edit my comments at a weak attempt to make sport of me?

You obviously get off on trying to tear others down. It's sad actually.:erk:
This will be the very last time I aknowledge your existence.

Bye bye, now.:wave:

What if I bring up the Micheal Jackson like relationship you have with your son?

Say whatever you want, but the man is a genius. Who else sings about raping and killing their own mother ?

Close minded fuckers didnt even listen to the lyrics and they bash eminem.

Body Count is the shit. Anyone who doesn't think Ice -t has cred has a stick up their ass. Former Body Count bassist Moose - Man (RIP) thanked Scott Ian in Body Count's thank you notes in the book.

Rap i like :

Insane Clown Posse
Twiztid
Kottonmouth Kings
Bone Thugs & Harmony
Eminem
Atmosphere
Public Enemy
Vanilla Ice (Rap-rock stuff-not early 90's)
more im sure.....

point is, you can like other stuff besides metal. What is there some law that says otherwise. i listen to all kings of shit. Hell, i even like Good Charlotte. ill blast em one minute and maiden the next.