Eminem kicks ass

GregadetH said:
I always thought ODB was Wu Tangs weakest link. Meh.

To each their own, but imo ODB was greatly underused in the Wu, and he was given more of a "court jester" type role the majority of the time. On his solo albums, esp. Return.. his unique, twisted style was given free reign and allowed to shine. Imo it's ODB at his best! I agree that he wasn't the best in the Wu in terms of technical skills on the mic, but imo he had the best sense of humour in the group, the most original/unique rhyming style and lyrical style. Imo He was easily the best performer/entertainer of the Wu. :headbang:

I think Eminem´s not that bad. I heard his new album Encore and it sucks balls, but have to admit he wrote some pretty good lyrics on the previous albums.
I always liked old school hip-hop, Ice-T, NWA, Public Enemy, even some of the old Cypress Hill.

a canny hack eminem at all. pure utter baws it is. the closest ive came to rap in im the man or a brief like of rage agaist the machine ihad a few years back. Im sure there are much better rappers out there

Anthrax_Mosher said:
Dont you think ! ?

Just Listen to the lyrics to 'kill you' and 'Real Slim Shady". You'll see. :headbang:

You're brave making that statement on this forum !!!!

GregadetH said:
Metal isn't the only worthwhile music out there. After I hit my mid twenties I was able to see that. Do I like new rap? Absolutley not. But anyone who came out in the 80's and early 90's actually put forth effort into their material. It's not just "Yay-a!" and "O-Kaay!"

And what about Ice T? I suppose he's talentless? Ever hear of Body Count?
Even Slayer is down with them. Least we forget Anthrax has several rap songs in their arsenal.

Go to Hottopic and buy a Cradle of Filth shirt. It'll make you feel better.

I loathe Cradle of Filth and am well more into metal than you so fuck off.

A rapper collaborating with a metal band doesn't legitimise them as talented for a start.

Rappers do fuck all apart from present an image that's easy to sell. The music they write, if they even write it that is, is lame and the lyrics are based on shitty observationalism and the quality of rappers' 'musicianship' is laughable to say the least.

Only Rap band I ever really liked was PE and I dug Body Count too (but they were more hardcore).

Today's rap is just shit beyond all shit. I seriously hope it dies a HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH... I seriously can't stand any of it. IT COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY SUX THE DOG BOLLOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see Snoop or 50 cent or Eminem and I just wanna throw up. YOU TALENTLESS BUNCH OF DOG SHITE.

Metal forever \m/

DiscipleOfThePit said:

A rapper collaborating with a metal band doesn't legitimise them as talented for a start.

Rappers do fuck all apart from present an image that's easy to sell. The music they write, if they even write it that is, is lame and the lyrics are based on shitty observationalism and the quality of rappers' 'musicianship' is laughable to say the least.
Thank you. I coudnt have said it better myself.

prime666 said:
Thank you. I coudnt have said it better myself.

Here here ...

Ya know I amazed my friend once watching some RnB/Rap film clip I have never seen before by guessing exactly what would happen in the clip and when.

Ok cue cliche tough looking gangstas getting outta flashy car in slow motion with their fur coats on...

Ok cue then walking through a crowd of women at party who are dancing half naked and slowly girating their hips .....

Ok cue the tough hand movements and tough facial expressions ... YERRRRRRRRRRR COME ON COME ON...

Oh please shoot me now. GOD THIS CRAP MUST BE DESTROYED.

RAP 'Artists' of today - SMMFD!

Hmmm Rap + C = CRAP :wave:

GregadetH said:
Metal isn't the only worthwhile music out there. After I hit my mid twenties I was able to graduate high school. I then started bagging groceries at my moms IGA. That's my story .

Wow, that's quite a tale, Greg.
:OMG:

Em's stuff seems to be wearing thin. I liked the first two then the 3rd one was okay and now this one I didn't buy. The one song about his daughter and his ex just seems tired at this point. Enough all ready! Quit milking that cow Marshall.
Another great rap-hip hop band is Jurassic 5. Good stuff there.

DiscipleOfThePit said:

Bullshit. Do you think metal is the only kind of music with an underground? Not all rap is like the hip pop you hear/see on MTV. BTW all of you that think it takes no talent to rap, I'd love to see you battle in a freestyle contest! I agree with you that most rap is shit, but there is some good stuff out there imo.

strik9 said:
Bullshit. Do you think metal is the only kind of music with an underground?

Did I say that? No.

strik9 said:
Not all rap is like the hip pop you hear/see on MTV.

I don't watch TV.

strik9 said:
BTW all of you that think it takes no talent to rap, I'd love to see you battle in a freestyle contest!

By that logic you could call anyone talented by challenging them to compete in a field they have no experience in. Could a rap fan do Black Metal vocals? Hell no. Does that automatically make people who can do Black Metal vocals talented?

strik9 said:
I agree with you that most rap is shit, but there is some good stuff out there imo.

Rap fans should just listen to soul... it's much better.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Did I say that? No.

I don't watch TV.

By that logic you could call anyone talented by challenging them to compete in a field they have no experience in. Could a rap fan do Black Metal vocals? Hell no. Does that automatically make people who can do Black Metal vocals talented?

Rap fans should just listen to soul... it's much better.

Dude I really don't give a shit that you don't think it takes talent to rap. I'm not gonna waste my time getting in a debate over it. I meant the freestyle comment to mean that, you probably wouldn't do well if you had no experience, therefore it takes some level of talent/skill to be naturally good at it, or if you have to practice it that must mean that any idiot off the street can't just do it. Therefore it must take some level of skill/talent to get good at it. BTW I listen to soul music as well. Al Green rules! :headbang: