Emotional Wasteland Cover

Skaldir

formerly known as Unicorn
Nov 3, 2001
Germany
www.kalthallen.de
Hi there,
today I felt like playing some Unicorn songs and ended up in recording Emotional Wasteland.
But I have to warn you, for I only had a micro from a 5 ? headset for recording! So, it's not the best sound. :erk:
Hope you all enjoy it anyway. Be nice to me... :wave:

Emotional Wasteland cover

Cool acoustic version this one! I miss the solo in the beginning though (that one kicks ass!) No need to excuse the sound, it is not as bad as you say. Hmm.. I think this is the best Swanö-cover I`ve heard besides
the one that the USgirl did on our cover contest CD (sorry for not remembering your name...
goggly.gif
) It was just some synth and her singing the song, I guess you guys can figure it out.

Great job Markus! Keep it up :wave:

~nightfall~ said:
Cool acoustic version this one! I miss the solo in the beginning though (that one kicks ass!) No need to excuse the sound, it is not as bad as you say. Hmm.. I think this is the best Swanö-cover I`ve heard besides
the one that the USgirl did on our cover contest CD (sorry for not remembering your name...
goggly.gif
) It was just some synth and her singing the song, I guess you guys can figure it out.

Great job Markus! Keep it up :wave:

Thanks a lot! The girl you mentioned is our beloved Laura aka llamaura and now known as "lumen".
:)

*sigh* i´ve only heard about 2 unicorn songs yet..
which roughly means that i havn´t heard the original, so i have nothing to compare it with :p
i like the way the "higher" (sorry, can´t think of a better description) guitar thingie at the beginning sounds like one of those classical spanish guitar songs. well.. at least to me they sound alike :)
it´s a very soothing song though, and so is your voice. or maybe that's just my lack of sleep talking? :lol: naaaah..can´t be. it really is soothing.

Unicorn said:
Hi there,
today I felt like playing some Unicorn songs and ended up in recording Emotional Wasteland.
But I have to warn you, for I only had a micro from a 5 ? headset for recording! So, it's not the best sound. :erk:
Hope you all enjoy it anyway. Be nice to me... :wave:

Emotional Wasteland cover

Sounds great..
The original is recorded with a weird tuning on the guitar, so it doesn't sound too close to the original....closer to our "final show" unplugged version....soon available on swano.com

D

Dan Swanö said:
Sounds great..
The original is recorded with a weird tuning on the guitar, so it doesn't sound too close to the original....closer to our "final show" unplugged version....soon available on swano.com

D

Thanks a lot. I covered it by hearing this "Unplugged" gig. Was much easier to figure out.
:)
I remixed my cover, because as I was listening to it on my normal speakers there were way too much high frequenzies. Now, I think, its better. Next time I refuse to mix on my PC speakers.
Have you used the "strange" tuning on every song on Emotional Wasteland or only on the title track?

A friend of mine picked up the guitar and played "the spring" last night. Needless to say, I was left speachless. So marcus` question is very interesting, since if it`s so he plays similar notes in standard tuning...

Melancholia said:
D/led the track yesterday.....

it's very very nice :) just like the majority of the covers you do....
i think the sound is okey,btw...

/mel

thanks a lot! I'm always glad to hear such kind words. :wave:
Hail to Unicorn! (not me, the band :D )
I want Second Sky. I need Second Sky. :(