Ever Since vs Emotional Wasteland

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Help!!! I'm addicted to Unicorn. Being a relatively new fan of this band/project since I got it from Dan only a short while ago, I've been listening to both albums a lot. God, they're both beyond amazing! I can't decide which I like better, though I guess I dig Emotional Wasteland a tad better, maybe because of "At the End of the Bridge" - one of Dan's best songs I've heard.

What about you?

For me both albums are equally cool and I would recommend both to somebody....I tend to think that "emotional wasteland" is a bit more "mature",it sounds a bit better done,the ideas a bit more worked out....
Also,i tend to listen to "EW" a bit more,yet there are times i feel the strong desire to listen to "ES"...it has some songs that are absolutely wonderful :)

I like Eversince better , even though my favorite unicorn songs hiding again and at the end of the bridge are on E.W , Eversince has great songs throughout.

Both great albums, but I gotta go with Emotional Wasteland on this one, because it was the first Unicorn I'd ever heard and also because ES has a number of awkward vocal parts by Dan and a pretty crappy drum sound. My all-time favorite Unicorn recording, though, would have to be the Weirdest Of Tales demo--that rocks!

I play ES a lot more, with songs like The Likes Of No One and Hide which are,IMO, outstanding. But EW is also great, Hiding Again and End Of The Bridge are wonderful songs. On a scale of 10, ES gets 9.5 and EW 9.2. The Likes Of No One gets an 10.1 if that is allowed :Spin:

I think EW takes the lead but ES s right behind and may close up if I listen to it more often ... so both albums are masterpieces to me.

by the way .. I NEED THE DEMOS !! But I think the day will come when I finally listen to this works of art too ...

this one:

unicorn_world.jpg

absolutely, the demos are the best.
i think "The Weirdest Of Tales" is the best, with "A Collection Of Worlds II", but TWOT is very very very very good, and original as well.... ACOWII is very good but, IMO doesn't reach the same level of TWOT.
long live to Dan Swanö, you master!!

Kajor said:
absolutely, the demos are the best.
i think "The Weirdest Of Tales" is the best, with "A Collection Of Worlds II", but TWOT is very very very very good, and original as well.... ACOWII is very good but, IMO doesn't reach the same level of TWOT.
long live to Dan Swanö, you master!!

Good to see you again, Kajor!
It's so hard to say what's best. I can't decide