Emperor?

Funny, Cosmic Keys is playing right now.

Another funny thing about what you mentioned, I decided to turn off the "bass boost" function of my little CD player and see what that did for increasing the clarity of the music, and it actually brings out much more of what's going on. Typically bassboost just brings it up to sounding regular and non-anemic, but in this case the extra bass was just sort of making this bug bass-humm shield which just kinda threw everything together, to a degree.

OMG, i guess everybody around the world has the ''bass boost'' turned on. including me:lol:

Another funny thing about what you mentioned, I decided to turn off the "bass boost" function of my little CD player and see what that did for increasing the clarity of the music, and it actually brings out much more of what's going on. Typically bassboost just brings it up to sounding regular and non-anemic, but in this case the extra bass was just sort of making this bug bass-humm shield which just kinda threw everything together, to a degree.

And you just realized this now?
Bass boosts should be illegal

Anthems is the best album. Ensorcelled By Chaos, With Strength I burn, Thus Spake the Nightspirit, Ye Entranceemperium....just a brilliant Masterpiece.

Nightside comes 2nd, and IX Equilibrium was decent. If they ever unite or do anything, I would like them to revert to their old style.

In The Nightside Eclips eis a great CD, there's no filler songs on it at all, I almost always listen to the whole CD when I listen to INTE songs. Anthems was very good, just not as good as Nightside to me. Prometheus was good, but I'm not really a prog person but manageto enjoyit, there's some good songs on it.

What is there something wrong about my spelling.:zombie:

s117.gif

:lol:

1. I am the Black Wizards

[6:16]

Mightiest am I,
but I am not alone in this cosmos of mine.
For the black hills consists of black souls,
souls that already dies one thousand deaths.
Behind the stone walls (of centuries) they breed their black art.
Boiling their spells in cauldrons of black gold.

Far up in the mountains,
where the rain fall not far,
yet the Sun cannot reach.
The wizards, my servants,

summon the souls of macrocosm.
No age will escape my wrath.
I travel through time and I return to the future.
I gather wisdom now lost.
I visit again the eternally ancient caves,
before a mighty Emperor thereupon came.
Watching the mortals "discovering" my chronicles, guarded
by the old demons, even unknown to me.

Once destroyed their souls are being summoned
to my timeless prison of hate.
It is delightful to feast upon the screaming souls
that were destroyed in my future.

How many wizards that serve me with evil, I know not.
My empires has no limits.

From the never ending mountains black, to the bottomless lakes.
I am the ruler and has been for eternities long.
I am them.

(I am them.)
(I am them.)

From the never ending mountains black, to the bottomless lakes.
I am the ruler and has been for eternities long.
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine.
Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief.
Because I am the spirit of their existence.
I am them.

I am them.
I am them.

http://www.darklyrics.com/e/emperor.html
http://www.emperorhorde.com/

This song is just awesome. I wish they would make a new record. On the last record of Emperor, Prometheus: The Discipline Of Fire And Demise, Ihsahn made most of the music on his own apparently, Samoth was busy els were. Many thinks it is a shame.

As long as Samoth and Trym said it was ok, I'm not gonna judge.

I think that Prometheus was a good album. They realized that sticking with the Anthems formula would have been boring and repetitive and they managed to evolve without losing their quality. Few bands can do that.

nah, i think any material ihsahn would write for emperor is going to his solo project. and samoth is busy doing whatever... is there any news on a new zyklon album?
~gR~

Zyklon's playing a lot of shows this summer in Europe (tour America dammit!) but I imagine they will start integrating some fresh material once the summer festival drive is in the rear window.