Emperor's Anthems album question.

Mar 2, 2004
I know it's nothing to do with Opeth but it's really bugging me. On the Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk cd i own I'm pressuming it's the re-issue one because of the 3 bonus tracks on it 'In Longing Spirit, Opus A Satana and Lose & Curse Of Reverence (live). I've only recently heard that there is supposed to be a CD-ROM video clip of L&C.O.R on the cd,but it doesnt show up on either my MAC or my PC :err: Is this because I've got a dud copy or does everyone else have this problem to?

Also,what's the live DVD like? I heard like 90% of the footage is of Ihsahn strutting his stuff. Is it worth buying?

:headbang:

I don't think there's a video on that reissue, I have it too myself...although I could of course be wrong. I can't be bothered checking out right now to be honest. :p
You can find the video quite easily on p2p programs of course. It's a funny one.

I've heard a lot of praise for the DVD, but don't have it myself.

The video is good. Good sound and pretty good camerawork. Definetly focused on Ihsahn, but its pretty amazing to see the way he handles that guitar and sings/screams at the same time. Also, they play well, and the music, ofcourse, is just the best there is. I recommend it a lot!

I can't help cracking up laughing when he raises his guitar on that mountaintop like a sword. There's also some interesting parts like the one with the horse...relates absolutely to nothing at all, but whatever. :) Like I said, it's a funny one.

I prefer the video for Empty. Ihsahn rules in that one. The "plot" parts are still weird as hell though, but for once that doesn't really bother me.

I love the DVD, but yes indeed its basically all Ihsahn.. but thats bad at all. Theres surprisingly a lot of Tyr too, which I appreciate. It almost seems like Samoth requested NOT be filmed, because you barely see him. Buy it, its cheap.

I've got the CD...It's got the video. I reckon the video is horrible, the music is cool though. I dunno, black metal videos make me shudder due to the cheesiness...Especially Immortal clips, they make me laugh hysterically.