Complex Metal like Emperor's prometheus. Is there more?

Try these:

Lanfear/Zero poems
Death/individual thought patterns
Demilich/Nespithe
Atheist/Elements
Theory in Practice/ third eye function
Novembers doom
Nocturnus/The key
Atrocity/longing for death
Cynic/Focus
Sadus/vision of misery
Pestilence/Spheres

Thanx for the great response everyone. But it looks like I'll have to narrow it down a bit..

What I mean by complex is technically complex, more emperor style than opeth/aggaloch style.

But I hope the new emperor album spawns a new genre..

A lot of ppl seem to think emperor are no longer black metal.. well, maybe that's so. But whatever it is, it rox.

too many bands!!!

narrow it down.

Oh and Kushantaiidan those three bands I named are more like new Emperor cmplez, not like Opeth. Definately check them out, I think you will be pleased!

Ok im listening to this emperor cd. Right now i can tell you that it mixes elements from melodic metal and weird disonant harmonies that cryptopsy for example masters too. It is the first band ive heart to blend this 2 styles so nicely ( plus other touches of flavors ) and still sounds fairly integrated as a whole. Nice indeed but the elements do not seem new to me

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
Is there any more music that is similar to Emperor's latest album?

The music I'm talking about is this Unbeleivably complex metal that I've only heard in a few bands like opeth and emperor. Are there other bands with that kind of music? Or is this a new thing that is yet to turn into it's own genre?

did that make any sense?

Thanks for writing about this cd. I just picked it up yesterday and I can't stop listening to it. If this is the future of "black metal" I must say I like it {the drums alone are great}. :)

ive recently started listening (and indeed the band i joined attempts to play similar stuff) to this kinda stuff, emporer and dimmu and such
and i definitely like where it is heading
a few years ago i felt that music was going down and down, but now with the discovery of opeth and thus my entering into this beautiful metal scene i see only good in the future!! :)

Originally posted by musicholic

Thanks for writing about this cd. I just picked it up yesterday and I can't stop listening to it. If this is the future of "black metal" I must say I like it {the drums alone are great}. :)

Thas because Trym from Emperor is an absolutely brilliant drummer. Listen to the drumming on Zyklon - World Ov Worms for proof, absolutely amazing stuff :headbang:

I am watching the Emperial Live Ceremony video right now, and it is crazy. These guys definitely know what they are doing. The crowd is pretty intense, and that probably has a lot to do with my just waking up having no energy. :p