Peccatum

Ihsahn

Είμαι Oι Mαύροι Mάγοι.
Oct 6, 2001
New Orleans, LA
www.expage.com
Well, there's probably been a thread about Peccatum before, but if there was it was before I ever started listening to them. But anyways, I'd like to have a poll to see who and who is not a Peccatum fan.

Personally, I love Peccatum's innovative cross between black metal, classical and opera. Some of the leads and symphonic material is very reflective of Emperor's latest album, Prometheus. And then, of course, there are Ihsahn's instantly recognizable vocals. However, there is a very different element in the music which ultimately serparates it from Emperor. Some may call them too extreme or too far off the road, but they have created something new and ingenious.

I've also come to find that, sometimes out of ignorance, many people dislike Peccatum. Now I can understand if you have reason for disliking Peccatum, but if you heard some black metal "elitist" who think Peccatum is "gay", or because you read somewhere that Peccatum "sucks", just because they are more classical than metal, then you probably need to just read on and skip over this thread for fear of revealing yourself as a fucking poseur, who does not know what they are talking about. I do not wish to offend anyone.

...Uh... Dude... I think that black-metal 'eletists' are even funnier than peccatum.

I can't stand emperor either.

By the way cheif, i've been listening to metal for about 13 years, and i listen to a range of stuff, from Nevermore to Opeth to Dream Theatre to Death to Morbid Angel to Dimmu Borgir to Control Denied.... so feel free NOT to call me a posuer.

I think most black-metal and symphonic metal is amusing... It is 110% cheese most of the time.

I had the first album, which was quite cool. Ishan's wife aint the best singer, but I found the whole thing to be quite interesting- I actually appreciated it more than IX. Had to sell it though (hey, I was broke), that was a few months ago, haven't seen it to re-buy, and the new one hasn't shown up, either.

Peccatum is pretty damn funny.
They are like Bal-Sagoth,. they are cheesy as hell and quite amusing, yet you still listen to them. Peccatum's new stuff is almost too out there though, I think they tried too hard, and it sounds very cluttered. I would rather here Strangling from Within, it is more black metal influenced.
Watch out Ishahn, you havn't listened to black metal long at all, don't get started with calling other people posers....

Originally posted by Trapped
...Uh... Dude... I think that black-metal 'eletists' are even funnier than peccatum.

I can't stand emperor either.

By the way cheif, i've been listening to metal for about 13 years, and i listen to a range of stuff, from Nevermore to Opeth to Dream Theatre to Death to Morbid Angel to Dimmu Borgir to Control Denied.... so feel free NOT to call me a posuer.

I think most black-metal and symphonic metal is amusing... It is 110% cheese most of the time.

Well thank you for explaining yourself, I appreciate that, for I took the time to explain my own thoughts. I just hate people that talk about how "stupid" or "shitty" a band is WITHOUT a rational explanation. No hard feelings.