Is there a band like this?

Fallen

The Hellbound Heart
Mar 16, 2002
Australia
Visit site
I am looking for a band that has full on death metal (eg. Nile, Decapitated) but still has emotional pieces in there music (Such as Opeth but i'd like to hear a band with really death metally bits)

Is there a band like this?

If there is plz let me know

Thanks for your time.

I may as well describe them a bit:
They are an American band with about 6 to 7 people. I believe there are two singers. There will be some straight death metal with blast beats and will go into some majestic keyboard passage or something. I don't think there are as many soft passages as you would like, I don't remember (I havn't heard them in a while in case you couldn't tell). I think you may like them...good luck!

Just posting this reply to put this at the top again cause i really want to know some kool bands that are like this.

thanks morningrise the band was pretty good, they reminded me of Dimmu Borgir

Dude, you *have to* check out Edge of Sanity. Especially Crimson - a brilliant single-song concept album, full-on death metal interspersed with excellent 'softer/emotional' parts. And Mikael from Opeth even lends his pipes to that album (though only on the growly bits if I remember - but Dan Swano does all the clean bits, unless I'm mistaken). Sounds like it would be right up your alley.

...well, im a band here over in the states and i guess thats the kind of style we are aiming for. we have many acoustic, and really good melodic sections, but also it can just turn into a frenzy. Our drummer...he is so frickin good. He can play all styled of music on drums, and is only 18 years old! He just cruises like a mad man on double kick, fast as or faster than "angel corpse" mayhem, Cryptopsy. He hyperblasts lightining fast too. And the guitar work is very cool as well, based very much on harmony like opeth but we also speed pick very fast as well. I think its a very cool combination of music. Ill have to get some on the net and hear what you guys think.

I dont know about emotional, it might not be emotional for you but check The Forsaken. Its death metal in the style of morbid angel, but with melodic riffs ala at the gates in between, very well integrated into the mix, to me melodic riffs sound sentimental but emotional is a big word....still give it a shoot see if you like