Theory On Opeth As A Gateway Band

Inconium Guard said:
Funny you mention Still Life. That reminded me of the thought about Opeth's albums I had yesterday. I was thinking of the imagery present in the music and lyrics, and it occurred to me that Opeth's "sound" seems to fit perfectly in an autumn setting, except for Still Life, which has a different sound to it, like winter. The whole sound of the album makes me think of being in this dark, gloomy castle by a huge fireplace in the dead of winter. I might also say Damnation has a wintry feel to it, as opposed to the traditional Opeth autumn sound, but that might be stretching it.

Just thought I'd share that for some reason heheh

Thats cool, thats one of the main reasons I like them because like you said their music conjures up great imagery. And I agree with you about the Still Life castle thing....

drowssap said:
Thank you Christopher Columbus
while i admit that was funny, please refrain from doing that again. i ask this because quite frankly, mikey pwns you and all your loot.

sry mikey. :cry:

Apprentice's Master said:
Opeth has no marketing association with US radio, so of course they won't be played on it. The US radio is just a marketing device.

I don't really agree with that. Opeth has released (I'm not sure if it was actually "released"; I found it via filesharing) a "Radio Edit" version of "The Drapery Falls" which clocked in under 5 minutes. Maybe it was for radio in Europe, I'm not sure...

anonymousnick-owned.jpg

i just came back from seeing ISIS . HOLY SHIT THAT WAS ALTOT BETTE RTHAN I EXPECTED I LOVE ISIS AND HEINEKEN

for sure ti did get boring.. but wathcing the first 2 songs was pretty cool then it was all the same..

B tuned guitars.. too.. it was interestnig i mustsay

anonymousnick2001 said:
The same silly threads, the same fanboys, the same arguments, and loads of noobs every single day. *sigh*

check the vintersorg forum, your head will explode. the name should be changed from Vintersorg Forum to "OmGZ vInTERsoRg fOrUm"