A band Opeth fans may like: RAVEN WOODS

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Raven Woods are a band from Turkish that started out as a black metal band but progressed a lot over the years. With several demos and EP's under their belts, they finally released their first full-length earlier last month. While not an Opeth clone in any way, I hear plenty of Opethian parameters on their album, that denote Opeth circa Orchid, but with a more distinct Middle Eastern flavour.

They are no where near as polished and dense as Opeth, but their debut album ...And Emotions are Spilled is a good listen in my opinion.

Feel free to read my review below and check them out at the link provided at the bottom of the page:

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=3437

I'd love to hear everyone's thought. And no, I'm not a band member. So don't spew shit out of your mouth if you don't like it. :loco:

NP: Let It Flow - The Momentary Touches to the Depths

batmura said:
How can you find the time to make over 3,000 posts, asshole? At least others prefer listening to music.

seriously, don't even bother. Gramps is allowed his opinion and regularly reminds us of it even if he doesn't really have anything of any importance to add to the subject... a bit like this post actually!

It sounded alright to me though, would need to hear more than samples to say more :)

NineFeetUnderground said:
that band is absolutely horrible. theres countless other bands which do the same style 50 times better. how can you find time in the day to listen to this generic crap?
your comment is so restpectful and mature indeed. An answer which would make sense to you after such a post would be "yo, they rock yer mummas ass." tsk tsk... yanks...

that band is absolutely horrible. theres countless other bands which do the same style 50 times better. how can you find time in the day to listen to this generic crap?
there's a lot of time in my day. :saint:

vampyrouss said:
seriously, don't even bother. Gramps is allowed his opinion and regularly reminds us of it even if he doesn't really have anything of any importance to add to the subject... a bit like this post actually!

It sounded alright to me though, would need to hear more than samples to say more :)

ok, heres something to add. the following couple of bands are similar in sound, but are far better at it...

in the woods
sun of the sleepless
ulver
fleurety
urual
mistigo varggoth darkestra
nortt
ved buens ende

Raistlin Majere said:
your comment is so restpectful and mature indeed. An answer which would make sense to you after such a post would be "yo, they rock yer mummas ass." tsk tsk... yanks...

this is a metal forum. grow some balls, or go listen to emo. nobody likes a whiner. i dont care if theyre your "friends"...all the more reason for them to maybe take it to heart when you tell them their band is pretty horrendous.

The Poona of Peshwa said:
What is Ved Buens Ende like? I'm thinking of checking them out, and while all the reviews I've read of them are positive, they're sorta vague.

the vague description is probably due to the fact that they dont really sound like anyone else, and therefore people cant draw that many comparisons to them. its forward thinking metal with elements of black, death AND doom mixed in. some folky parts, some jazzy parts, and some more extreme parts. comprised of members of ulver, arcturus, dodheimsgard, etc

this is a metal forum. grow some balls, or go listen to emo. nobody likes a whiner. i dont care if theyre your "friends"...all the more reason for them to maybe take it to heart when you tell them their band is pretty horrendous.
oh yeah? so you say because this place is a metal forum we should all forget abour our manners and behave like cavemen cus we are metalheads? im pretty sure that if your band was commented like that too youd react in the same way. my point is, be respectful dude. however crappy that band is(and i know its not) theres much of an effort spent on that music. and that doesnt give you the right to comment shit about it. period.