What does the Opeth fan think of Subterranean Masquerade?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Guys, I just recently got around to checking out their full-length disc with Paul from Novembers Doom on vocals and I'll tell you these guys are amazing. Never heard their debut EP, but this disc smokes. One of the best The End releases of the year, and they have some Opethian moments going on, not necessarily musically but the feel is there.

Has anyone heard them? What do you guys think?

Here's some more detailed info about them:

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=2462

NP: Elfonia - This Sonic Landscape

Cheers Batmura for bringing this band to my attention. I just downloaded a couple of their songs and was blown away! Awesome Stuff!

I heard "No Place Like Home" on a compilation, and didn't think much of them at first. Five months later, I finally got the album after hearing great reviews of it. Boy was I wrong, Suspended Animation Dreams is amazing!

Alright, the instrumentation deserves a head-nod, but what the fucking hell is wrong with you people, that you don't laugh when you hear this guy sing? He sounds like a homeless man trying to read for food. I love the changes in the music, but a better change would include zero vocals.

BurningSky said:
Alright, the instrumentation deserves a head-nod, but what the fucking hell is wrong with you people, that you don't laugh when you hear this guy sing? He sounds like a homeless man trying to read for food. I love the changes in the music, but a better change would include zero vocals.

What the fug, Paul Kuhr is an amazing vocalist :D

And I don't know, while the EP is more kick-ass, I prefer the non-metal-ness of the LP more.