When Day Descends: Instrumental Opeth-like band?

@YaYo; Awesome stuff Dave, I'll be purchasing your CD in a week or so and I'll spread the word around the UK.

@Annt; Really cool tune you've got there, I like the proggy sound it had

YaYo said:
Cheers guys, i appreciate the support! What's with all the Isis influence people are pulling out? hehe, i love them, but i thought only my newer stuff i havent released had noticeable similarities.

@Autumnal: I hadn't considered a download option, perhaps i will at a later date but not for now. Equipment is listed in a bit more detail on my site and in my own forum, but briefly: Ibanez Jem 777 VBK, Maton acoustic, Antonio Lorca classical, V-Amp Pro, Yorkville Ysm1p reference monitors, Rode NT2000 mic, Bellman Bass... i think that covers the important parts. I'm not drowning in gear but i'm extremely happy with what i do have.

@annt: I'm pretty much a hack as a producer/mixer, hehe. I didnt mix suppression anyway, but i did mix those demos and they're all far from perfect. But I'm getting there gradually, mixing is damn tough. Listened to your mp3 and thought it was quite cool, your ideas were really nice. Could certainly hear an Opeth influence in there too. Keep it up.

@forabsentfriends: hopefully the 'noticing' thats happened over the past few days is a sign of things to come!

thanks again everyone :)

You're more than worthy of this praise dude, it's truely great music.
Ordered your cd on Sunday night, hopefuly it gets here soon!
(How many days does it take to deliver to Sydney?)
Also, just to add to my brown-nosery, I told all my mates to download the mp3s from your site, they did and loved it also, pretty sure they're gonna buy themselves a copy in the not so distant future.
Made a thread on the 'metalshop' forum to spread the word but got flamed by the local homos of the forum, coz, well their morons lol...can't win 'em all I spose..

@YaYo: Thanks for the response Dave. I asked about the gear before I found the list on your site, so I'm sorry for making you repost. :ill:

I get paid this Friday, so I'll be putting in an order for the disc. WOOT! :hotjump:

The download I was asking about basically so that I didn't have to wait as long to get the music in my hands. :headbang: I know some bands who don't press every release and just do mp3 downloads of the disc, and others who will let you immediately download once you purchase the disc.

I spread the word to some good friends and hopefully you'll generate more traffic.

Also, (I love how I sound like a gushing fanboy btw) Descendant is currently in my top 5 anticipated album releases, due to the fact that Adaptive and Discovery struck particular chords (heh, :erk: ) with me and I can't wait to hear the other pieces on the disc, as well as 'non-demo' (even though they sounded pretty good to me) versions of the aforementioned two.

And I can't stop listening to Adaptive and Discovery.

Out of curiosity, what music do you listen to? I'm not talking influences, I mean whether they are direct influences or not, what artists/discs do you like to put on?

Oh, btw, to clarify, I guess I kind of meant music other than Opeth for example, or the bands listed on your site (Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Dark Suns, Kayo Dot and Paatos). Just other artists I guess. I've now been listening to your 4 mp3 samples for over an hour and a half. Damn.

Incredible stuff. Any way other than paypal that I can get this beauty?

:) More thanks to you all, especially those who've ordered copies.

@Autumnal: I'm glad you're looking forward to Descendant, it's weird for me to hear all these new comments about Transcend when i've written 3+ albums worth of material since then. I really want to get onto Descendant soon!

As for music i listen to: lately I've been spinning Circus Maximus, Redemption, Dredg, Arvo Part, Riverside... mostly proggy or rock stuff i guess. Ive been playing a bit of Dark Ambient stuff as well, and stuff like Vinterriket or Stars of the Lid has been really appropriate when ive needed to relax.

@saut: Unfortunately not easily for the moment. I dont think you need to be actually signed up at paypal in order to buy it through there, if that helps. Hopefully i can get signed before long and make it all a bit easier.

@Ben_...: Sometimes it gets there in 2 days, but ive had other times when a CD from Sydney to Tas has taken over a week to get here.

After reading this thread I'm really eager to hear the music, but the downloads are taking forever :(

Oh well. I can wait.

I would also like to add my two pence worth...I think this is fucking brilliant. Just listening to 'Suppression' now and its definitely got that ethereal heavy progressive quality to it, which is the only way I can describe bands like Opeth, and there aren't many that can pull it off well. I am particularly impressed with the drum sounds, since I do a lot of homerecording and composing when I write songs for my band. We are also inspired by Opeth and lean very much towards the progressive side of things. Anyway, I was wondering if you could tell me what drum machine/program you use. I use leaf drums, which is really good but I need more decent cymbal, drum sounds. Is there any place I can download the samples you have, if you have a computer based drum machine at all?

Anyway, keep up the good work mate, you are a fucking quality guitarist and composer, and the production is shit hot. Its good to hear someone who can obviously play technical stuff doing something very creative and varied with their metal playing. Nice one dude.

:headbang:

I finally heard the songs and this is great stuff, I would definitely buy the albums. Unfortunately I don't have a credit card or any means of buying things online. Also I've never ordered anything over the internet from a country with a different currency from US dollars so I have no idea how that works and how exchange rates might screw me.

Still, I would love to have these albums, hopefully I can soon.

Just recieved my copy of the cd. Awesome stuff! can't wait to get his next release :headbang:

Ben_Bids_You_Farewell said:
You're more than worthy of this praise dude, it's truely great music.
Ordered your cd on Sunday night, hopefuly it gets here soon!
(How many days does it take to deliver to Sydney?)
Also, just to add to my brown-nosery, I told all my mates to download the mp3s from your site, they did and loved it also, pretty sure they're gonna buy themselves a copy in the not so distant future.
Made a thread on the 'metalshop' forum to spread the word but got flamed by the local homos of the forum, coz, well their morons lol...can't win 'em all I spose..
where did you order the cd i havent heard it yet:cry: and everyone is blowing thier packet over it, my computer is broke and am using the one in work and cant download anything