A band Opeth fans may like: RAVEN WOODS

Raistlin Majere said:
oh yeah? so you say because this place is a metal forum we should all forget abour our manners and behave like cavemen cus we are metalheads? im pretty sure that if your band was commented like that too youd react in the same way. my point is, be respectful dude. however crappy that band is(and i know its not) theres much of an effort spent on that music. and that doesnt give you the right to comment shit about it. period.

if everyone just went around tossing flowers around saying "oooh, every metal band is great, lets all blow eachother" do you think there would be nearly as many good bands OR bands striving to be better? no, i dont think there would. if ive offended someone whos band its not, then you have issues. if ive offended the band...then maybe they will try harder. if someone told me my band was balls, i would definitely try to see if there was some way of improving...not act like some hippy without any standards.

NineFeetUnderground said:
if everyone just went around tossing flowers around saying "oooh, every metal band is great, lets all blow eachother" do you think there would be nearly as many good bands OR bands striving to be better? no, i dont think there would. if ive offended someone whos band its not, then you have issues. if ive offended the band...then maybe they will try harder. if someone told me my band was balls, i would definitely try to see if there was some way of improving...not act like some hippy without any standards.

So how would you suggest they make the band better?

I agree though that you can't be in a band and not get harsh comments from someone, its just not going to happen, but it shouldn't be taken personally as that band is probably never going to meet NFU anyway. And that wasn't too harsh anyway by his standards, calling it generic is almost a compliment :lol:

vampyrouss said:
So how would you suggest they make the band better?

I agree though that you can't be in a band and not get harsh comments from someone, its just not going to happen, but it shouldn't be taken personally as that band is probably never going to meet NFU anyway. And that wasn't too harsh anyway by his standards, calling it generic is almost a compliment :lol:

:lol:

well for starters, id have them NOT worry about ripping off their handful of obvious and standard influences so much. Some interesting arrangements and structures would be a nice surprise at least if the melodies are going to be generic and cliched as well. ill give it some more thought when i decide i want to care more...

NineFeetUnderground said:

poetry:lol:

the two samples at the band website are not that great. neither of the songs seem to have memorable moments. the sample from the mellower song could use more pronounced vocals (i understand they are meant to be whispered, but it doesn't sound dark or anything as it is). the keyboards are also not very adept at creating an atmosphere there. the solo at the end of that sample was the most enjoyable part.
the faster sample would really benefit from better drumming. and i am not sure if the death vocals completely fit.

guys... it's kind of tough to do this stuff in turkey, so we should criticize and all, but it is to an extent understandable.

to those who know: i remember that infected had a couple okay songs in this vein. does anyone know if they still exist?