Here is a new band Katatonia fans may like: LET IT FLOW

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
These guys are a new young band from Turkey. They just released their debut album last month and have a very promising sound in my opinion. They have been likened to Katatonia a lot by the Turkish press, which I agree with, but to me they also evoke Anatheman circa Judgement in the way their acoustic guitars are played and toned.

That said, the band having a female singer (with occasional clean male lead and back vocals), they could also be compared to Lacuna Coil and more indie bands suchs as This Empty Flow and As Divine Grace.

Their website is www.letitflow.net but you can also check them out at The End Records's site:

http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.6/it.A/id.12193/.f

Samples are available at both links.

I'm not affiliated with the band in any way. I just picked it up a few weeks ago, reviewed it at the website I write for (read if interested), and considering the Katatonia references, I decided to ask you guys' opinions. So please don't flame me, saying "OMG!!! These guys sound nothing like Katatonia and they suck blah blah" comments.

I'd love to hear everyone's opinion though.

NP: Let It Flow - The Momentary Touches to the Depths

Wow, sounds good! I can hear some Katatonia-like sounds in it yeah, especially in The Momentary Touches to the Depths..
I don't reeaally like the male vocals though, but overall very promising ideed. :)

ooooh my god!I have been waiting for a band like this from Turkey,I am now so happy that finally this kind of music is made with such brilliance in my country.Some parts are really Katatonic,but i don't like female vocals much.Anyway in their site i saw that the female vocal is now out of the band so I think it's a chance for them to make this music flawless with good male vocals...Now I will spread the word around as I have a lot of friends that will like the band.I hope they will be succesful.Actually I have a band that is dark and melancholic too,and we will (i hope) have a demo in a year and i know that we must support this kind of bands in our country to make a way for the dark and melancholic music.

Wow indeed very katatonia influenced,
It's nice, should hear more though , and I really DON'T like it if the female singer goes all Opera on me.
Like it better when she stays low.
Maybe I like it even better when she was gone.. wich she is hehe so that's good!
Ill be checking them out in the future :)

the samples on their own website are much better than the samples at the The End website. i first listened to the samples at The End, and i was thinking that they urgently needed someone who can actually sing in english (huge problem with all turkish bands). the male singer made me cringe. the female vocalist is a good deal better, though i am not sure if it fits the music overall. i could see them getting much better if they find a good replacement for the vocalist. the music is pretty good.

Nah.. didn't like it too much. But "Stuck" was allright. I prefer the male vocalist as he actually fits with the music.

Btw: "Let it flow"? :p

the samples on their own website are much better than the samples at the The End website. i first listened to the samples at The End, and i was thinking that they urgently needed someone who can actually sing in english (huge problem with all turkish bands). the male singer made me cringe. the female vocalist is a good deal better, though i am not sure if it fits the music overall. i could see them getting much better if they find a good replacement for the vocalist. the music is pretty good.

I think i have to check their website later then.. i realy liked the music, but the singer realy couldnt sing in english on the the end soundsamples..

I downloaded the song Stuck and it's really good especially with the male vocals.Good job Lumerian.Hey why don't you sing all the songs,I think you don't need a female vocal the music is much nicer with your voice...What are you planning to do,will you be looking for a new female vocal?I think you must continue with the vocals man.Keep rockin...

On the suggestions of a friend of mine I've downloaded and listened the samples. First I've got full version of "Mourning". That sounds great. After I listened to the Stuck I've bought the album last week. I think Let It Flow is a great band and its songs includes the "soul" which I can feel while listening Katatonia. But it doesn't mean that the group is like Katat. As every band is influenced by earlier bands, Let It Flow is affected too but never the same: the sounds of the band carries anything else from themselves.

Cloud Loneliness, Stuck, Mourning, Desires Lost, Flee, An Ordinay Ghost, Choke: these are impressed me at first time. On the other hand, Lumerian and Departure are good instrumental songs.

I think the female vocal Sinem Değer has a good voice but I like Özgün Akay's much.

ok I have to say THE MOST closest katatonia rip of I have heard, but not necessary in a bad way, just very cheesy yet again, sorry but if you are going to let katatonia influence you, don't end up sounding like a fairy band like Nightwish, good promise but I fear their direction is sealed in sadness, and not the depressing kind!

Just listening to the 2 samples off TER site now, I'm really liking this! I'll check out the stuff on their site tomorrow. If I like it as much as this I'll be buying it for sure!