CARDAMON > new band, for Katatonia fans

You're waaaay off. Its like saying Katatonia sounds like a Linkin park rip-off.

do not compare any of those bands with linkink park ....lp is pure shit and while those bands are nothing but pure talent...even if it sounds like a rip off to my ears

do not compare any of those bands with linkink park ....lp is pure shit and while those bands are nothing but pure talent...even if it sounds like a rip off to my ears
I stand by my statement. Though Linkin park sucks, stylewise they are as similar to Katatonia as Cardamon is. In other words: Not much at all.

Folks! Cardamon have a new album out. It's called "Sun as Never" and you can download it for free!

Download here: http://www.detonation.nl/music/Cardamon_Sun as Never_album2011.zip

More info: http://www.cardamon.nl/cardamon/Sun_as_Never.html

10 amazing songs are waiting for you. Seriously, this is one of my favourite albums of 2011. The sound can be described as Katatonia/Anathema with a female singer. Kick-ass, melodic and melancholic.

Check it out and post your opinions here.

droppedImage.jpg

This is good and catchy, the way I like it. I did not listen the whole album yet though. BTW I don't see what is so wrong with LP, it was a revolution in music industry when they first appeared, it was original and catchy. I think it is more of a popularity thing among people who think they are music elitists to flame the band and the fans.

P.S: Down Alone kicks ass!!

Nah it was not. Catchy, sure, original, no. It's just that they quickly overshadowed the rest. Also, KoRn.

Tangentally related: I recently googled the last Lp video ("what are those fuckers doing atm anyway?") and they now use autotune. That's just sad, even for Linkin Park.

On topic:
I dig the band. :)
Shame about the name. :D

This is good and catchy, the way I like it. I did not listen the whole album yet though.

P.S: Down Alone kicks ass!!
Indeed! And thanks :) glad you like it! Give Antithesis and Amaze Yourself (Sun as Never) some well-deserved attention too, amazing songs.
On topic:
I dig the band. :)
Shame about the name. :D
Thanks!

Oh well, it's the music that matters anyway ;)

You know this is really good - they use the guitars to utilize the melody and melancholic feel and only keep subtle gothic nuances - where most new female led bands are drowned in the straight forward gothic styles and it in the end sounds lame - this band is good what I hear so far.