Riverside - Second Life Syndrome is amazing

I was just saying that there was an Opeth influence on the previous album, made apparent by the thesaurasized track name. I haven't had a chance to listen to the new album, but due to the absence of a track titled "Darkness Clad Symbolic Flower of Everlasting Life", I think it's a safe bet that the influence is gone.

x--|SerenityPaintedDeath|--x said:
drapery
n 1: hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window) [syn: curtain, drape, mantle, pall]
I'm talking about the Opeth song. I'm aware what a Drapery is. But making a claim that the band has Opeth influences just because they used a word which has a synonym with an Opeth title is as far fetched as saying goats and oranges have a lot in common.

edit: not to mention that 'Curtain Falls' is a common phrasing. If anything, Opeth thesaurus-ized it for their song, and Riverside used it as well, but with no correlation.

In order to shine a bit more light on this obvious plagiarism, I have chopped both songs up, taken everything out of context, and reorganized the lyrics to my liking. Riverside lyrics are in red.

"The Fabric Descends"

Part I: Confusion
Please remedy my confusion
I think I'm ready now
But still can't make up my mind

Part II: Failure
That was very foolish of me
I can do nothing now

There is failure inside
This test I can't persist

Part III: The Battle
Nails bleeding from the struggle
It is the end for the weak at heart
I'm bleeding...
I don't mind...

Part IV: Loss
Memories of yesterday
Hopes left behind

A lullaby for the ones who've lost all
Reeling inside

Part V: Regret
Wish I could turn back time
And thrust me back to the day
Oh my Guardian Angel
My gleaming eye in your necklace reflects
Stare of primal regrets

Part VI: Departure
Take me away from here
You turn your back and you walk away
I have to fade away now
Like Autumn leaves left in the wake to fade away
There's no other way out

On a side note, please note that I am being facetious, and I am not accusing anybody of anything.

I've recently picked up the new Riverside Disc and it's awesome.

I find it highly original...possibly not What they do, but how they do it.

I just like to emerge myself in this CD, shut my eyes and just "feel" as it were.

The CD is practically flawless really.

The only thing that disappointed me slightly was the drumming. The sound doesn't seem as crisp and he plays in a slightly different style to before.

The two Riverside discs now total 2hours. and make for a good two hour listen i find!

(Note: I'm not a relative or "die hard" fan of riverside - I just havn't heard much of this Calibre recently)

Silent Song said:
become a diehard fan. get the Voices In My Head EP and some of the concert boots.

The Time I was Daydreaming > any song on their albums.