Riverside: Jesus, they are brilliant!

FRUGiHOYi said:
riverdance.jpg

Who are these fruitcakes?!

Hmm, well, over at the prog archives site, people can't get enough of this band. I guess, to each their own man, but I think they are one of the most talented bands I have heard. I knew the band won't cater to everyone's tastes (especially since many here bash ghost reveries for its progressive/clean sound) but at the same time knew some would be interested in this.

Out of Myself is impressive from what I heard, but SLS is better I think.

Both albums have some of the most top-notch production I have heard. It's on par with Steven Wilson's work with Porcupine Tree I'm listening right now as I write this with headphones and can't get enough of the crisp sound. Good stuff.

The debut is close to perfect, production and all...just a very serene warm feeling to that album with a healthy dose of darkness. Second Life Sydrome, in my opinion, doesn't quite live up to the standards of the debut. I don't think that it's bad but it's a bit disappointing when compared. Th EP was really good though, 'Stuck between' was a very nice experimental piece.

Riverside is one of my favorites and if you are really into the vocals then you need to check out Indukti where he sings on a few of their songs.

For me the Indukti is better!

i didn't super-dig what little i heard...but i'll definetely check them out, just based on how excited you are...these guys must have something going on...have you ever heard dredg? this guy's voice reminds me of the dredg guy's voice.