Riverside live - musical orgasm!

:Wreath:

poeth/oprth fan
Sep 8, 2005
Poland
Ok, I know this is the OPETH forum but fuck it...

I attended a Riverside show yesterday and man... It was the best gig I've ever been to (I still haven't been to an Opeth show though...)! The wonderful songs from their albums are even better live! I still get the chills when I think about how they played The Same River (one of my fav's) as encore... Plus I got to talk to them after the gig and they're really nice guys. I'll see one more concert on this tour and frankly... I can't wait! I'm seriously considering counting them as the number two band, right after the mighty O :D

Phew, I'm sure glad I got that off my chest... :loco:

.... and I can honestly say that I would love to see and hear them live. I think that they are my second fave new band that I am into next to Opeth. I just wish that I had discovered Opeth before July of 2005.

Maybe someday my wish will come true and they will tour in America.

Sto Lat! to Riverside on some amazing tracks.

Whoah! You know some polish word! What a surprise :D

Well uys, after tons of posts how wonderful it was at an Opeth gig, I guess it's my way of getting even :D

But if you'll ever have the chance to see them live (they're going on an european tour after the polish tour methinks...) - DO! It's really a magnificent experience...

Judging from their rising popularity abroad, I may make a fortune selling my 'Conceiving You' single signed yesterday by all the guys on eBay in a 10 years time, lol

yeah and i'll lose a fortune buying it :lol: :lol: :lol:

i am the biggest nut for Dan Swanö and all his bands... but then I discovered Riverside, and now it's a toss up for who is my favorite band. They just came out of nowhere and stole the show for me

Second Life Syndrome is a great album, they are very talented. I would love to catch them live

:Wreath: said:
Whoah! You know some polish word! What a surprise :D

Wyandotte, the city that I live in, has about a 50% population of people of Polish descent. All of the Jukeboxes in town have at least on Polka Album on it. We have all the great polish food, and we drink Blackberry Brandy Shots and say Sto Lat! Wait that gives me an idea... Opeth has used every other form of music, ( Jazz, Middle Eastern, Ballad, Hard as Fuck) why not throw a Polka into one of there songs. I can hear the accordian already.

Nice to hear this...im going to see them live!! On a friday in holland, already bought my ticket a while ago. So im really stoked to see them!
But 'The Same River'?!?! from which album is that one??

edit: sorry, its from out of myself, i already knew that.

I LOVE Riverside. I got SLS a coupla months ago and it's become one of my favorite albums. Kinda bummed that I can't find OoM at any music stores in town. One of these days I'll stop being lazy and cheap and order it off of amazon cuz I'm desperate to hear it.

Gunt Piddlesworth said:
did it sound as shitty as the album

Even shittier... :rolleyes:

Either way, be sure to check Out of Myself because I consider it even better than SLS (which is wonderful too)... Sto lat! to you bro's :D

Most of the time, you guys suggest alot of very good music.
Being that I've become a huge ProgMetal fan & this band is highly recommended, I just purchased both Riverside albums.
$28 US for both on Amazon which includes shipping.
Look forward to hearing them.