Riverside live - musical orgasm!

hard to believe that glory and i agree on a band that sucks
60.gif
00000031.gif
harar.gif

or it's maybe because they suck and are very unoriginal. and the singer's voice is unbearable. everything they've done has already been done a thousdan times by better bands, and better by shittier bands

Kenneth R. said:
You just don't like them because some obscure 70s band has already done something similar, though likely with lower quality production...

incorrect. however MANY bands from the 70s and 80s did this same sound but BETTER, not just similar. i just cant find the time in the day to listen to such mediocrity as this. way too much better music out there which can fill the time.

i've figured out why its so difficult for people to argue against your opinions... its because you give no rationale as to why you feel the way you do, so no one will be able to construct a counter argument. As far as I'm concerned, you've said just about nothing about why Riverside is "mediocre" in its own respect, nor how they are dwarfed by such other bands. I just assume from convention that you dislike them because you've discovered some other band that sounds similar and came before.

There is this group of forum members who always share the exact same opinions on which bands suck. Its like a cult, but cuter. :D

Riverside sounds alright to me. I haven't listened to an album yet.

Kenneth R. said:
i've figured out why its so difficult for people to argue against your opinions... its because you give no rationale as to why you feel the way you do, so no one will be able to construct a counter argument. As far as I'm concerned, you've said just about nothing about why Riverside is "mediocre" in its own respect, nor how they are dwarfed by such other bands. I just assume from convention that you dislike them because you've discovered some other band that sounds similar and came before.
yeah, hard to imagine why someone wouldn't like a band that failed at ripping off those who came before

yeah, and i'd love to see the magical list of these mysterious better bands. of course NFU will simply say "omgz you are so ignorant find out yourself" but haver at least come up with something besides a petty insult, since you're only proving my point. i see lots of Riverside bashing, and 0 backup for it. you guys are like little kids.

Kenneth R. said:
yeah, and i'd love to see the magical list of these mysterious better bands. of course NFU will simply say "omgz you are so ignorant find out yourself"

statements like this, are why i love musical peons. you think just because you like something which is mediocre, that there is some sort of far fetched "magical" as you put it, list of bands that MUST be so obscure and unheard that only an arrogant ass like myself could know of them. When in reality, you just really know very little about music, and therefore cannot wrap your head around the fact yet that maybe a lot of the trash you praise REALLY just isnt worth writing home about. So while you think im some musical elitest...maybe i just took the effort to hear more bands and sharpen my taste to a level in which i dont find to be ridiculous and comprised only of bands which are 3rd rate copies of better bands. And yes...even if the better bands are sometimes from an era past. ITS OK TO LIKE MUSIC THAT WASNT MADE YESTERDAY.

1) cheesy synth strings in every song used to dupe idiots into thinking it's epic symphonic prog when it's actually just self indulgent pretentious modern rock (no prog at all)
2) stupid vocals, bland riffs, sounds like every other 'prog' 'metal' band, just add some tasteless virtuoso guitar wanker and you have dream theater

LOLLOOL OLOL .... ok first:

1. I do happen to like 70s bands. I am not a NU nutcase. You know this.
2. You STILL haven't said specifically WHICH bands they sound like. I like Riverside. Show me the money. Who's better? If you can't back it up, then yes I was right all along, and this is just a lame intellectual game where you really have jack to say.
3. "You are a moron" is probably the best thing I have ever heard in a rational argument when the same voice is also saying the things you have been. If you're going to dis my intellectual capacity, at least use yours to come up with a better slander.

Honestly, this is ridiculous and it just shows, to me, that you two have nothing better to do. I like Riverside, and you guys are simply not going to change this. If you'd like to introduce me to bands you feel are superior, by all means do so. If you feel like saying "LOLZOMGZ U R TEH DUM" then well, I think your statement speaks for itself.

Kenneth R. said:
LOLLOOL OLOL .... ok first:

1. I do happen to like 70s bands. I am not a NU nutcase. You know this.
2. You STILL haven't said specifically WHICH bands they sound like. I like Riverside. Show me the money. Who's better? If you can't back it up, then yes I was right all along, and this is just a lame intellectual game where you really have jack to say.
3. "You are a moron" is probably the best thing I have ever heard in a rational argument when the same voice is also saying the things you have been. If you're going to dis my intellectual capacity, at least use yours to come up with a better slander.

Honestly, this is ridiculous and it just shows, to me, that you two have nothing better to do. I like Riverside, and you guys are simply not going to change this. If you'd like to introduce me to bands you feel are superior, by all means do so. If you feel like saying "LOLZOMGZ U R TEH DUM" then well, I think your statement speaks for itself.

LOLZOMGZ U R TEH DUM