As Opeth, but on the other side!

Mar 18, 2002
Visit site
Opeth is sad, tragic and dark. I just love their atmosphere and everything all around the band.

If Opeth is gods of the sad, dark scene.
Smashing Pumpkins must be the gods on the other side!
Beautiful summer feeling all over the band.
As Opeth but totally different ofcourse :Smokedev:

Ever heard Siamese Dream?
Check out the wonderful cover and you will understand how it will sound. GREAT atmosphere and very close to Opeth.

Even though these two bands are totally different in so many ways I think many Opethians could like this summer like band.

What do you think of them? Dont just judge them beacause they have been played on MTV! They are infact a very personal band...

One of my friends in high school was an obsessive Smashing Pumpkins fan, and an all around music lover in general. I introduced him to Opeth and he was blown away by it. So, if it works that way, I'm sure it'll work the other. I personally find most everything they've done to be some of the finest music in the mainstream.

Its the only band out there who gives me the feeling that I just want to dream away if you understand what I mean.

The fans of the band is also "obsessed" in the Pumpkins in the same way as we are in Opeth... the atmosphere is in the focus.

Give them a chance! Check out Siamese Dream and you will be blown away! Hopefully...

Hmm.. they are talented.. but I never really could get into them.. And billy corgan is a bit of a show pony. And radio overplay has kinda ruined them for me... Im open minded, but they are still a bit too "mainstream rock" for me. I don't find anything interesting about them. No amazing guitar lines, simple song structures, and vocals that I do not enjoy..

come on the pumpkins are incredible/were incredible...corgan was anything but mainstream, media made the band that way...great song writer, great band...end of story

Billy Corgan wrote good songs every now and then (Adore was pretty cheesey though), but he always gave an air of an egomaniac in every interview I've seen or read by him. That doen't affect what I think about his music, but when I think of him personally, I'd like to give him a stiff boot to those crooked teeth of his.

Opeth and the Pumpkins alike?

I don't know...

The only thing that makes Opeth and SP really alike are they very unique bands.

If you want to know what's really special about Corgan is his very differing and wide influences making a potent and unique sound. If you hear a wide range of songs, you'll find that out.

Also, he is very honest, perhaps the most honest songwriter I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. He seems to completely lack inhibition in his songwriting. He writes dark rock tunes, but still writes love songs while still keeping an edge on the music. The lyrics of "Ava Adore," "Love," "Soma," etc. all fit that.

Honestly, you will almost have NO CHANCE to understand the band unless you listen to their CDs (another thing that's similar to Opeth). I was rather indifferent to SP for a long time, but I have a great appreciation of them now. I'm sure the songs aren't as complex as many bands that people listen to here, but they really offer something very unique.

I, also, know the vocals of Corgan can be pretty annoying, but he has a surprisingly versatile voice. The more you listen to it, the more you'd get used to it (think about it like death vox! :lol: ). As you can tell, I hold the band in a very high regard. It's not without reason, I assure you. :D

"The more you listen to it (Corgans voice), the more you'd get used to it (think about it like death vox!)"

Wonderful comment! :lol:
And its correct!

Opeth, Smashing Pumkins. Same, same, but different!
Its like Hell and Heaven...

I'm in love with their music since Siamese Dream...and although I did not buy Adore and their last album, I ultimately love SD, Melon Collie, all the bootlegs I have with the rare songs (like "East")...

It's indeed music for the summer!

Originally posted by TheLedTool
The only thing that makes Opeth and SP really alike are they very unique bands.

do you know someone called sonic youth?

smashing pumpkins literally copy them at the beginning!

and do you know that SP are a false band?

they were put together by record label and billy corgan:eek:

anyway they are fake and billy corgan is also arrogant guy!

:puke:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: