Empiricism review at Metal Observer

Demonspell

cheating the polygraph
Apr 29, 2001
dead between the walls
www.ultimatemetal.com
I have no affiliation with this publication, but this closely echoes my sentiments and I think the Vintersorgians here will appreciate it the same...

I have two phrases to start off this review with, and both of them will shock the Metal-world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH VINTERSORG!!!!!!!!

2. THIS BURIES THE NEW EMPEROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, baby! If you put Vintersorg in the fold of anything, it instantly takes on a whole new life. Let me tell you something. I could give a piss if BORKNAGAR ceased to exist. I have never really given a crap about them. They were in that file under "too much to figure out" column.

So next. This is easily a better record than "Prometheus" from EMPEROR: BORKNAGAR figured it out and have created one ass whipper of an album - melodic, brutal, eloquent, progressive, morbid, beautiful, baddmutherfuckingass!!!

Also, it never hurts to have the drummer from SPIRAL ARCHITECT help out (his playing is alright, and if you believe that, well....) (Asgeir isn't only a stand-in, he is permanent! - Alex) and the ever-underappreciated Tyr who has no problem showing his bass-abilities to everyone. Also a plus are the piano interludes and wonderful use of the keyboards and fuckin pinpoint clean vocal patterns.

This is definitely top 5 of 2001. I suggest you all listen...............

any idea where i can get an mp3 from the album, im interested in hearing it but couldnt pull up anything on Kazaa or winmx. Thanks!

Originally posted by Final_Vision
any idea where i can get an mp3 from the album, im interested in hearing it but couldnt pull up anything on Kazaa or winmx. Thanks!

www.borknagar.com has a full mp3 of 'The Genuine Pulse', and if you need more to discover the true majesty of this album... well there are other outlets but i suggest buying the album. The US release date is January 22nd or if you can't wait that long you can purchase it online from http://www.theendrecords.com/omega/omega.htm :D

Good luck and enjoy!

Last I checked, the one from www.borknagar.com had been taken down because so many people were after it, it was using up all their bandwidth.

I got plenty from WinMX... you just have to try at the right times.

The new Emperor is much more exciting, and listenable.....I find Empiricism too simplistic, unvaried, and uninspired.....But that's just me I guess.

Bring back Simen!!!!!