End of Cd's??? New SOB ideas?

dan of bereavement

shroud of bereavement
Jun 6, 2004
Amesbury mass
www.myspace.com
This is pretty sad and weird, but not shocking.

The whole world is being evaporated onto a fucking digi/internet realm of make believe. All the things that used to be awesome about music are fading away!

Magazines, records, tapes, DVD's, VHS, and now CD's? Really? Like gone? no more collections, no trades, no letters? Fuck, a sad day indeed!

So my question is. What now for SOB? If there is no physical cd to sell, how do touring bands promote their music through frist time listeners? Send people home with a card? people forget bands by time they get home from a drunken night of awesome live metal madness, sex, vomiting and so forth.

Do I bother even pressing our latest release? What now?

Would anyone out there buy a cd if I pressed them?

What would SOB fans Think of a pre order?

For an idea of how many to press, this info would really help.

If I make a pre order site via paypal, would anyone be interested in ordering?

I think a pre-order cd is a good idea. We should work on that. I have some ideas, we'll talk tonight about this. But dont worry, fans still await your cd and are anxious to buy it. I am one of them.

Dude, if you bothered to read the article it said by 2020 if I recall as I read it as well. So get with the program and keep CD's coming. There will be die-hards who want physical copies. Just keep an eye out for when they stop making them and stock up on a couple thousand. Hahaha.

http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-113674-11345-1-7-gadgets-that-wont-be-around-in-2020

That is the article I read and it says in the next 10 yrs. So I would not sweat it as there has been no announcement from the big manufacturers about this and there goes a lot of jobs/business if/when that happens. There'll be some that stick around for those of us niche users and audio-files.

And what night you coming over (or this weekend) for your present for your laptop you putz? Tried calling you the past few days since you never called me saturday......made me waste my day waiting around for you when I could have been working in the attic some more/been done with it. Now have to do it this weekend, thx pal!