Some help/opinions on buying some new CD's!

I for years used to say to my band that James Labrie should go on Idol. I don't watch the show, but my bandmates will take their practice break when the gay show is on. I'm always laughing in the back part of the room...can't help it! Anyway, none of those retards would even know who Labrie is, so they'd tell him stop singing like that, or nobody will "make it" singing that way. Mind you, I even get a little cringe-like at some of Labrie's vocals, but It'd be so funny after they made their uninformed comments for Labrie to say "well the band I'm in has sold a few million albums over the last 20 years, and that's without you pricks, and no radio-play...thanks for the input, though!" I just think that'd be funny...I don't know...

If any one needs some of the album listed below, please shoot me a PM or an e-mail. I have some available :)

Russell Allen's Atomic Soul
Michael Pinnella's Enter by the Twelfth Gate
Micahel Romeo's Dark Chapter
SymX - all 4 digipak Special Editions reissues (SX, TDG, TDWOT and TiO)
SymX - V
SymX - Odyssey - Standard and Limited Editions available
Redemption - S/T, The Fullness of Time, and Origins of The Ruin
DC Cooper - S/T
Jelly Jam - S/T

And if you haven't heard of Dark Empire, preorder their new cd at the same time. :)

How much for the solo stuff by the band???
I can get the dark chapter off amazon for like $20, and i can get the twelfth gate and atomic soul for about $12....

And this is most likely a stupid question, but who/what is S/T???

Thanks, Redragon

I for years used to say to my band that James Labrie should go on Idol. I don't watch the show, but my bandmates will take their practice break when the gay show is on. I'm always laughing in the back part of the room...can't help it! Anyway, none of those retards would even know who Labrie is, so they'd tell him stop singing like that, or nobody will "make it" singing that way. Mind you, I even get a little cringe-like at some of Labrie's vocals, but It'd be so funny after they made their uninformed comments for Labrie to say "well the band I'm in has sold a few million albums over the last 20 years, and that's without you pricks, and no radio-play...thanks for the input, though!" I just think that'd be funny...I don't know...

As much as I hate Labrie, i think this is a brilliant idea :lol:

Though they'd probably not pay so much attention to his vocals and say "That balding mop on top of your head has to go."

How much for the solo stuff by the band???
I can get the dark chapter off amazon for like $20, and i can get the twelfth gate and atomic soul for about $12....

And this is most likely a stupid question, but who/what is S/T???

Thanks, Redragon

S/T is a shortened abbreviation for self-titled. So when you see SymX-s/t it means SymX-SymX.

and the cost for the cds list vary, but the SX solo stuff is all $13.

Glenn

I may get shot for this, but...

MUST BUYS:
Russell Allen - Atomic Soul
Allen & Lande - The Battle
Michael Pinnella - Enter by the Twelfth Gate

The Revenge is alright and...well, The Dark Chapter does nothing for me. I mean, good playing and all. Just...meh.

If you play the guitar and you're into licks and scales and stuff (and of course like Michael Romeo), then get these now:

The Dark Chapter
The Guitar Chapter DVD

Damn, it seems like I'm the only one who's so in love with that album. ALL people I knew, guitar players or not, were never keen on it...

I can tell you though that you won't quite like it from the first listen, but I guess that's what happened to me with most of Syx's stuff anyway (e.g. V, Twilight...etc).

'Enter by the Twelfth Gate' is a nice listen too, but nothing unexpectable... Just drums, bass, and plenty of keyboards:
A variety of atmospheric stuff; a rather extended dose of Pinnella's usual soloing; and some classical piano etudes and orchestral (synth-based) stuff...

You won't find anything as ass kicking as his parts in Awakening for example, but still a nice album with some beautiful music that is worth appreciating.

Never bought Atomic Soul yet, but I'm not into hard rocky stuff anyway.
I WILL get it though, just to complete my collection of the bands albums. :cool:

Cheers

I was just thinking, 'Enter by the Twelfth Gate' reminds me a lot of Pinnella's parts in Twilight (e.g. Through the Looking Glass...etc) and DWT but in a less "dark" and a rather brighter feeling.

But that's just me maybe.

Pinnella rules!! :headbang: