Good Albums 4 Purchasing

proulxski

Welcome To Kanata Eh!
Hey

I Just bought

Symphony X: LIVE On The Edge of Forever
Kamelot: The Black halo
Dream Theatre: Octavarium

I must admit I'm impressed with them all, especially with LIVE, they sound way better live, since I justs aw them play for Gigantour I Figures what better way to celebrate than go out and buy some CD's Octavarium is very cool, and kamelot, well as usual just blew me away!
---
What about the rest of you, what do you guys think are some new or old good Cd's to pick up!

my next viasit to HMV will be to Get Atomic Soul, The Battle, probably many pothers!

I recently bought Rush's Moving Pictures and Hemispheres. Those two albums alone bumped Rush into my top 5 list. :loco:

edit....Somewhere in Time (specifically Roy's voice) got me hooked on Kamelot.

I recently got

Cea Serin-Where Memories Combine (sort of Fates Warning meets PoS with some death vox in there too)

Pantomind-Shade of Fate (Vanden Plas-ish prog band from Bulgaria)

Scar Symmetry-Symmetric in design (these guys must have their own Soilwork shrine at which they worship quite regulary)

they are all good albums

The last 3 I bought:

Nevermore: This Godless Endeavor
Opeth: Ghost Reveries
Arch Enemy: Doomsday Machine

I didn't have the time yet to dig in very deep, but all of them sound very promising. It's a shame, but it's my first Nevermore album. Might be, that they get a fix place in my all-time favourite list very quickly.

bball_1523 said:
I bought the new, Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor, and Opeth - Ghost Reveries, and both albums absolutely rule, period.

Didn't reach the server for half an hour, so you are first! :tickled:
You're absolutely right!

Stoffi said:
The last 3 I bought:

Nevermore: This Godless Endeavor
Opeth: Ghost Reveries
Arch Enemy: Doomsday Machine

I didn't have the time yet to dig in very deep, but all of them sound very promising. It's a shame, but it's my first Nevermore album. Might be, that they get a fix place in my all-time favourite list very quickly.

Yeah those are my last 3 purchases too. Also grabbed 2 Ayreon albums as well.

Ok, if this is your first Nevermore purchase and you dig them, buy Dead Heart in a Dead World next. Talk about a perfect metal album.

I am listening to Opeth's new album right now, and I like it alot, it's damned good. Arch Enemy's new album was great too, just total in your face metal. They played a helluva show live too. Looking forward to seeing Therion at the end of this month and Opeth next month,

I guess I have to dig deeper, I'm pretty sure that I will get all albums in the course of time. I have two more songs on old samplers, "We Disintegrate" and "This Sacrament", they are great too, so I can trust that I will love their whole work!! :headbang:

COBSteele02 said:
Yeah those are my last 3 purchases too. Also grabbed 2 Ayreon albums as well.

Ok, if this is your first Nevermore purchase and you dig them, buy Dead Heart in a Dead World next. Talk about a perfect metal album.

I am listening to Opeth's new album right now, and I like it alot, it's damned good. Arch Enemy's new album was great too, just total in your face metal. They played a helluva show live too. Looking forward to seeing Therion at the end of this month and Opeth next month,

man I can't wait until the Nevermore and Opeth tour next month. I can't believe they are doing this!

Sweetness, and yeh Some of the Vocals in Kamelot are pretty sweet! I Think Khan is my 2nd favorite singer next to Russell Allen of course... Who well not many people come close to his skill! I particularly enjoyed the song 'Abandoned'

---

my next albums probably go along the lines of

The battle
Atomic Soul
Something from Blind Guardian
Something From Iced Earth
LOOKING FOR ADAGIO UNDERWORLD

PS: OPETH? Sad to say but i've actually nerver heard them before, what style of music we looking at!?

COBSteele02 said:
Looking forward to seeing Therion at the end of this month and Opeth next month,
My band is opening for them when they come to Connecticut for that tour. :) Gotta love the Lumuria/Sirius B two-for-one deal. They're both great albums, which I've been listening to almost non-stop because of the above-mentioned show. Also, I have to agree with everyone mentioning Opeth's "Ghost Reveries". That album is amazing.

proulxski said:
PS: OPETH? Sad to say but i've actually nerver heard them before, what style of music we looking at!?

Death Metal. Some of it's Progressive Death Metal like the album "Still Life". Basically Opeth is very dark and atmospheric, extremely heavy (growling vocals for example), and amazingly technical. They're pretty much the only band with growls that I'll listen to. Mikael Akerfeldt is an amazing singer (espescially on The Human Equation).

Kronikle66 pretty much nailed the Opeth description, but I'll just add that they also have a lot of clean, singing parts in between the growls. The two styles compliment each other nicely.

Dream Theatre: Live @ Budokan
Dream Theatre: Live Scenes From NewYork

Blind Guardian: Nightfall In Middle Earth

My first blind guardian album, I do plan on getting more, they are far from my fav-but I like what they got to offer!

Back To Kamelot...

Karma is a sweet album 4 sure...

Epica has some wicked tunes on it as well... The names of the guys in the band all seem to cool to be real lol, come on Their names feet them name of the band perfectly...

KAMELOT
Khan
Thomas Youngblood
Glenn Berry

I say:

Elvenking - Heathenreel
Asmegin - any
Steve Vai - Real Illusions: Reflections
SuidAkra - Anything except Command to Charge
Anything with Arjen Lucassen so much as casually mentioned anywhere on or near it.

Ayreon: Universal Migrator \m/

This album was genious beyond all compare, and MJR/Russell Allen play ine 1 of the songs, as well as many other guests...Point is its pure brilliance lol... Steve Vai is cool as well, I'm not a HUGE fan of his work, but a fan none the less! I like to relate him to Piccasso...(as in the artist/painter who mad really werid shit...Abstract art lol)