Hi there...at last

mask_x

Oct 4, 2004
Hello,

so, finally I managed to register. I've got to know SX about 2 years ago by a buddy eho has been to a Stratovarius concert, where SX had opened. Didn't like Statovarius but what he played to me from SX instantly blew me away.
In the following weeks and months I was looking for more Infos about them but didn't find anything until our local record shop had The Oddyssey. This disc really got me and shortly after this one I bought all their other CD's.
Meanwhile I like Dwot and TiO most and unlike many people here I also like the first one, also because of its queen-like-touch (hope nobody feels insulte, it's just what comes to my mind when I listen to it). Soon after I had The Oddyssey I found thir web-site and have become a regular reader.
Until then I wasn't much in metal apart from a few CD's (Metallica, Iron Maiden and of course Dream Theater, which I don't like much, except the Live-Verision of "Pull me under").
You can say that SX was the starting point of my metal career. I've started digging through other metal-bands, many of them from Germany, perhaps because I come from there. But metal is just a part of the music, I like.

Apart from metal I like most:

Marillion
Fish solo
Led Zeppelin
Plant solo
Uriah Heep
Deep Purple
Porcupine Tree
Pink Floyd
Sylvan
Eloy
The Who

Other Metal bands, I like:
- Poverty's no crime
- Edguy
- Toxic Smile
- Sieges Even
- Vanden Plas
- Blind Guardian
- Threshold
- Queensryche
- Savatage
- Pain of Salvation
- Psychotic Waltz
- Kamelot

tbc ;)

Michael

welcome :wave: dont worry we're definately not insulted by comparing parts of symphony x to queen.. we also acknowledge this ;)

nice list of other bands youre into as well, glad to have you aboard!

p.s, a bit of personal trivia for you: Symphony X was also the start of my 'metal career', being the first metal band that I actually really LOVED unconditionally and decided that the metal life is the way for me. So now that we're kinship and all, hope you like it here

SilentRealm said:
p.s, a bit of personal trivia for you: Symphony X was also the start of my 'metal career', being the first metal band that I actually really LOVED unconditionally and decided that the metal life is the way for me. So now that we're kinship and all, hope you like it here
Not me! My metal career started with Metallica and then, very quickly, the focal point of all cool metal became Megadeth!

To this day, my favorite band is still Megadeth. Symphony X comes in at a close second, however....greatest current metal band....(I consider Megadeth to be out of their prime, especially since they are going to be permanently broken up following this farewell tour)

My metal career also started with Metallica, but i never liked Mwgadeth too much, then my Prog Metal career started with Dream Theater and a week later Symphony X(my 2 favorite bands)

well if you wanna get technical, i grew up listening to Black Sabbath and Metallica and stuff, but I wasnt strictly metal. All through my teen years I was into the grunge rock thing. It wasnt until I got a computer and met people into 'actual' metal like this that I got introduced to Symphony X, and the rest is history.

Welcome.....i started with glam 'metal'...like Poison, Warrant, Europe etc and then got into thrash like Exodus,Testament,Megadeth.....then Watchtower got me into prog stuff (so long ago....) So i have always like music of the long haired variety.

Megadeth have some great stuff.