Female fans?

@Lady of the Snow:
do you maybe happen to find only extra-fuckin-large T-shirts like i do??? :lol:
all the concerts i have been, and the few times i had some extra money to buy a shirt (other than the FUEL to get back home lol) i found them to be so long and large i could do a mini dress hahha!!!:lol: ok that i'm not very tall but damnit! too bad i still cannot wear my Angra shirt and some more others cause i have to bring them to shorten :mad: and the SyX one arrives me to the knees but i cannot keep it in the closet without wearing it hahah!
When i saw SyX last year they brought also some girl t-shirts but that was one of the unfortunated times i didn't have a single cent to waste, or i would have had to push my car till home from half way lol :lol:

X-Greets,
Knight_ <- that always dreamed to grow up till 1.85 metres but stopped like 20 cm before lol! :devil:

@Knight_

Hehe, yes! All those shirts are like tents, size L or XL, dammit. A few years ago I've worn them cuz I had size XL, but since then, methinks, someone should "re-invent" smaller sizes for smaller people LOL i'm 5'7" and not big hehe

But heck, when I need a shirt from a fave band (like SX), no matter what, I buy it, although I hardly buy any shirts at all lately. They're too funky expensive, don't you agree?

when I need a shirt from a fave band (like SX), no matter what, I buy it, although I hardly buy any shirts at all lately. They're too funky expensive, don't you agree?
LOL me too; no matter if i know i will look like a francescan monk :lol: or a potato sack :D i buy it whatever... but of course, like i already said, when i have MONEY!!! $$$!!! €€€!!! :lol: otherwise, i have to decline, with much anger :(
When it happens there's a big festival and outside the concert there are a lot of fake shirts sellers, i buy some... :devil: i have a not-original Manowar and DT one, both bands already have too many $$$ and fuckin rockstar attitude, so it's enough for me to pay the ticket for the show, no need to fill their pockets also with 25 - 30 - 40 € for a stupid shirt... (err... well anyways last DT concert i went i didn't even pay the ticket LOL!!! hahaha!!! :heh: ) But for little bands like SyX, or Angra or whatever else, well, i prefer an original one...
But YES, they are fuckin expensive!!!... it seems since the Euro arrived they doubled the prices haha!!! before i had seen longsleeve shirts at 60 thousand lire (something like 30 euros) and at the DT concert they were selling them at 60 EUROS!!! crazy people!!! :loco:
Well, i still want to get an original RAGE shirt, no matter what... too bad they are gonna play this october in Italy and i won't be able to go cause i'll be away from Italy for personal problems... and so i will also lose the SyX italian Tour!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: grrr...

X-Greets,
Knight_

Originally posted by Knight_

LOL me too; no matter if i know i will look like a francescan monk :lol: or a potato sack :D i buy it whatever... but of course, like i already said, when i have MONEY!!! $$$!!! €€€!!! :lol: otherwise, i have to decline, with much anger :(
When it happens there's a big festival and outside the concert there are a lot of fake shirts sellers, i buy some... :devil: i have a not-original Manowar and DT one, both bands already have too many $$$ and fuckin rockstar attitude, so it's enough for me to pay the ticket for the show, no need to fill their pockets also with 25 - 30 - 40 € for a stupid shirt... (err... well anyways last DT concert i went i didn't even pay the ticket LOL!!! hahaha!!! :heh: ) But for little bands like SyX, or Angra or whatever else, well, i prefer an original one...
But YES, they are fuckin expensive!!!... it seems since the Euro arrived they doubled the prices haha!!! before i had seen longsleeve shirts at 60 thousand lire (something like 30 euros) and at the DT concert they were selling them at 60 EUROS!!! crazy people!!! :loco:
Well, i still want to get an original RAGE shirt, no matter what... too bad they are gonna play this october in Italy and i won't be able to go cause i'll be away from Italy for personal problems... and so i will also lose the SyX italian Tour!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: grrr...

X-Greets,
Knight_

I*F one has money, yes... damn money! LOL

i don't know about the prices in England, b/c i haven't been there for a long time, and since it's the Euro (i assume) doesn't mean the price range is different. Last t-shirt i bought was SX, actually, in 2000, and it cost about DM 35, that's about 17 Euros now. the ticket actually was bought by my friend, so i had a lot of luck and extra money LOL

In September i have to save b/c i'm going to see RJD and Star One (Sept 11 and 30th), so, train fare, train fare... darn! since i don't have a car, train fare is funking me up there.

i have original DT and Manowar shirts, Manowar bought back in 1984 or 1985, i can't recall LOL and DT back at the IAW tour.

if i have the chance to find any ORIGINAL shirts at decent prices over here at stores actually, i'll grab 'em, i guess. sometimes happens.

Hey, the "monk" thing was great ROFL

Have a nICE day :))

Well 17€ is not bad for a shirt.. i think SyX ones are the cheapest out there.... all the original shirts they were selling at the Gods of Metal were worth 25€ (but there were no SyX ones)!!! A part from the ones of the festival itself that were sold at 20€, and so i didn't buy any.
Wow.. an original Manowar shirt from '84-'85 (their best epoque in my humble opinion.. in fact im pretty much listening to their first 3 or 4 CDs and nothin more, even if i have all of them...) and an Images and Words shirt... damnit you've seen the best concerts back in time!!! :D
I thought you were younger LOL :lol: (no offence hehehe!!! is just i wish i could have seen those kind of concerts!!! also DT must have kicked ass at that time! -while right now i cannot stand them live- :puke: ) /me envious ;)
Well too cool you can go to see Star One live.. that must be a very cool show indeed... will they play also some Ayreon stuff?
As for the train fares, i dunno how much does it cost in Germany, here is moderatly economic (always depends if you can be cool with a slow, noisy train, or if you want an extra-fast, luxury one hehe).. anyways, i always spend a lot with FUEL!!! concerts are usually at about 3 hours from my home, no less, so if i can fill the car with at least 5 people we divide the cost (also the highway ticket, which is very expensive.. too cool in Germany it's GRATIS!!! :D ) but if i am only with my boyfriend then we have to make debts if we want to go! :(

Have a nice day too! :)
X-Greets,
Knight_

Well 17€ is not bad for a shirt.. i think SyX ones are the cheapest out there.... all the original shirts they were selling at the Gods of Metal were worth 25€ (but there were no SyX ones)!!! A part from the ones of the festival itself that were sold at 20€, and so i didn't buy any.
Wow.. an original Manowar shirt from '84-'85 (their best epoque in my humble opinion.. in fact im pretty much listening to their first 3 or 4 CDs and nothin more, even if i have all of them...) and an Images and Words shirt... damnit you've seen the best concerts back in time!!! :D
I thought you were younger LOL :lol: (no offence hehehe!!! is just i wish i could have seen those kind of concerts!!! also DT must have kicked ass at that time! -while right now i cannot stand them live- :puke: ) /me envious ;)
Well too cool you can go to see Star One live.. that must be a very cool show indeed... will they play also some Ayreon stuff?
As for the train fares, i dunno how much does it cost in Germany, here is moderatly economic (always depends if you can be cool with a slow, noisy train, or if you want an extra-fast, luxury one hehe).. anyways, i always spend a lot with FUEL!!! concerts are usually at about 3 hours from my home, no less, so if i can fill the car with at least 5 people we divide the cost (also the highway ticket, which is very expensive.. too cool in Germany it's GRATIS!!! :D ) but if i am only with my boyfriend then we have to make debts if we want to go! :(

Have a nice day too! :)
X-Greets,
Knight_

Dang it! all of what i've written got lost when i wanted to submit although i was logged in... well, i'll do it again later, writing offline and posting it then, ok ARRRRGH!

@Knight_

Well, here we go.... take 2.

OK, here we go again... in the future, i guess, if a post will be longer, i'll write it in notepad first LOL... i figure there's a time limit ...

Anyway... the SX shirt being €17, or something, I don't recall exactly, since my friend bought it for me.

My age. *bows* thanks for thinking I was younger LOL. I take no offense in what you said, so don't worry. ;)
Well, I have "outed" myself already, so, but I don't have a prob by telling my age, since I don't feel that old, neither do I look, or act my age. And from the music I listen to, well, I don't think I'm old. You could be my daughter, then, huh? Hehe.

An original Manowar shirt. I'm kinda proud of that, actually, since I got it from the band back then. Yeah, that was a cool era, actually. But I still like Manowar. I've seen them between 1984 and 1990, weach year, like a ritual. A must for me back then. Anyway, the shirt is cool, and still looks like a shirt somewhat.
You know what, I still have my Manowar albums on vinyl... no cds, can you believe that!! I'm not giving the vinyl away, though. Not even the 12" Blow Your Speakers. No way!!

Original DT shirt. Well, same as Manowar. Cool album, cool concert, cool band - back then.... LOL
If, just IF.... I can afford seeing DT this year, Oct. 29, I'll go. Best concert ever I've seen by DT was, though, 1995! Period. Tickets are €33.40, which is ridiculous!!! RJO is €22.40 and Star One will be about the same.

Train fares: well, same here. Slowwwww trains, cheap(er). But if I really wanna go, I'd pay. It's the band I wanna see, so I have to suffer. germany has raised train fares again, dang it, and since I don't have a car...

Star One/Ayreon...Go to ayreon.com, there's the info. It says that Star One Space Metal and Ayreon stuff will be played. I bet it will be a way cool show, and it's at the Markthalle, pretty cool place.... But I won't set my expectations too high cuz then it'll not be good, if you know what I mean. I get a wee bit too superstitious sometimes LOL

Dammit, I've seen the best concerts back in time? Well, thank god I was born early.... hehehehe

Ok, greets to Italy! Talk again later.

Have a nICE day.

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
OK, here we go again... in the future, i guess, if a post will be longer, i'll write it in notepad first LOL... i figure there's a time limit ...
Hmm it happened also to me sometimes... my trick is that as soon as i write a considerably long piece, i copy it, so i can always paste it again in there if the forum screwes up ;)
My age. *bows* thanks for thinking I was younger LOL. I take no offense in what you said, so don't worry. ;)
Well, I have "outed" myself already, so, but I don't have a prob by telling my age, since I don't feel that old, neither do I look, or act my age. And from the music I listen to, well, I don't think I'm old. You could be my daughter, then, huh? Hehe.
lol no prob for thinking you were younger!!! hehehe :D i like people who act like they feel more comfortable, independently from their age :)
and, listening to metal, keeps people YOUNG!!! :D
An original Manowar shirt. I'm kinda proud of that, actually, since I got it from the band back then. Yeah, that was a cool era, actually. But I still like Manowar. I've seen them between 1984 and 1990, weach year, like a ritual. A must for me back then. Anyway, the shirt is cool, and still looks like a shirt somewhat.
You know what, I still have my Manowar albums on vinyl... no cds, can you believe that!! I'm not giving the vinyl away, though. Not even the 12" Blow Your Speakers. No way!!
Wow that must have been an honour to receive that shirt from their hands hehehe ;) no really, back then, i think most of these band were most accessible, no? i just hope SyX will stay like this, even when they will have a bunch of money :)

As for Manowar concerts, cool you could see them in the great era... i saw them first time this year at Gods of Metal, and is not that they "sucked", but Eric Adams was not like 20 years ago heh :(
And they lost a lot of time doing awful solos while they could instead play more cool songs (like battle hymns or valhalla for example, which they didnt :mad: ) oh well... :(
I won't set my expectations too high cuz then it'll not be good, if you know what I mean. I get a wee bit too superstitious sometimes LOL
Damnit, being superstitious is a RULE!!! hahaha!!! :lol: especially for concerts! i always keep my expectations very low as well, and when i less expect it, it happens something cool ;)
Well good luck for all those concerts then! wish i could go there too! :p
Have a nice day as well sister hehe ;)
X-Greets,
Knight_

Dang it , again... but i have it still

yay!! and i have a wide range of musical taste... it's the music that counts. music is food for the soul!!!

actually not an honor, but you know, it was cool. i don't freak when a band actually is nice, after all, they're like you and me, they just get more money LOL that era was cool, really, and the musos were more accessible, yes. not everyone, but most of them, and i have met and hung with a lot of bands back then. and guess what... Manowar, despite their reputation, have been REAL gentlemen! ;) really such nice guys

well, Manowar, from what i've heard and from what you say now, have turned into kinda stuck-ups, which is pretty sad, because of what i said above. they have been the most nice (!!!), friendly and caring guys (to some, including me) guys in the biz. i'll check with them when i get the chance to see them again. i want another Manowar concert anyway! they still rule.

As for Symphony X, i have met the band back in 2000, and they have been such nice guys, by taking time and everything. too bad, i didn't take any pics, but i don't need them, i have my memory, right?
i really do hope that they will NOT turn into stuck-ups when the BIG fame hits them! they deserve it big time, but i pray they will not change.

superstition!! thanks for agreeing with me!!! isn't that something!! huaaahh!

----Have a nice day as well sister hehe ;)----

mom? LOL

Hahahaha!!!! naaah what mom! :D
Cool to see they were actually friendly guys :) i suppose part of the reason they turned to be a bit sucky, is because you can't stay there to sign autographs for 30.000 persons waitin for you, and neither elige 2 or 3 lucky ones because the others would feel bad about it.. anyways i dont like their attitude of "we are kings of metal" but well, i suppose it's part of their big money show ;)
(if u get to see them again, say hello from me hehehe :D )

Memory is great, but i am a maniac of photos, so last year i made 2 rolls of 36 pictures each at SyX concert!!! LOL! :lol:

Well cya tomorrow, i think in a while i will go sleeping :)
CIAO!

Hahahaha!!!! naaah what mom! :D
Cool to see they were actually friendly guys :) i suppose part of the reason they turned to be a bit sucky, is because you can't stay there to sign autographs for 30.000 persons waitin for you, and neither elige 2 or 3 lucky ones because the others would feel bad about it.. anyways i dont like their attitude of "we are kings of metal" but well, i suppose it's part of their big money show ;)
(if u get to see them again, say hello from me hehehe :D )

Memory is great, but i am a maniac of photos, so last year i made 2 rolls of 36 pictures each at SyX concert!!! LOL! :lol:

Well cya tomorrow, i think in a while i will go sleeping :)
CIAO!

Cool. see ya tomorrow.
Have a nICE sleep!

We should talk :)

:D Of course there are female SX fans out there. What do you think I'm doing here? LOL! And yes, I have been known on occassion to wear a SX shirt... A girlie shirt with just the logo on it. It's different from the one being sold on the site. Not too many of those were made, but I managed to get one.

~Christina

I'm definitely a fan of females!!!! :D Oh wait... that's not what you mean, is it? ;)

I have my niece totally digging SX. She loves Candlelight Fantasia, Lady Of the Snow, Church of the Machine. She's well on her way and she just turned 14. GO SYMPHONY X!!! haha :)

Alden

- And another female ProgMetal Fanatic here - hello-and-beamy-smiles! - also in possession of a SX shirt even, but I have the same problem as you: most shirts look like a tent on me, but I buy them anyway - mainly to support the bands and who knows if I won't pork up one day in my old age....?! Fat Granny wearing Metal shirts - now that would be a sight, wouldn't it! *giggle*

Anyway, it's great to see there are at least *a few* of you around and especially you, Lady of the Snow, have indeed a very fine taste of music as I saw in your list! It's a real shame not more girls are into Prog; it riddles me for a long time now why this is but I cannot find a reason!
Many others I tried to get into it, but so far with not much success - all I get to hear is: "ugh, the rhythms change all the time" or "this is not brutal enough for me" or then even "this just sounds like noise to me". *sigh*

Never give up trying though! *grin-again*

Also, I have made the same observation that IF chicks like Metal, then they're in the Black/Death/Goth Scene ... and even sadder: it's mainly about the clothes, the make-up and the imagery, not really about the music.

Lady of the Snow again: where in Germany will you see Star One?

(it's also great seeing that I'm not the only one leaving long-ish posts here! phew....!)

Originally posted by Madrigal
- And another female ProgMetal Fanatic here - hello-and-beamy-smiles! - also in possession of a SX shirt even, but I have the same problem as you: most shirts look like a tent on me, but I buy them anyway - mainly to support the bands and who knows if I won't pork up one day in my old age....?! Fat Granny wearing Metal shirts - now that would be a sight, wouldn't it! *giggle*

Anyway, it's great to see there are at least *a few* of you around and especially you, Lady of the Snow, have indeed a very fine taste of music as I saw in your list! It's a real shame not more girls are into Prog; it riddles me for a long time now why this is but I cannot find a reason!
Many others I tried to get into it, but so far with not much success - all I get to hear is: "ugh, the rhythms change all the time" or "this is not brutal enough for me" or then even "this just sounds like noise to me". *sigh*

Never give up trying though! *grin-again*

Also, I have made the same observation that IF chicks like Metal, then they're in the Black/Death/Goth Scene ... and even sadder: it's mainly about the clothes, the make-up and the imagery, not really about the music.

Lady of the Snow again: where in Germany will you see Star One?

(it's also great seeing that I'm not the only one leaving long-ish posts here! phew....!)

Well, hi! Just popped you a message earlier. How come I've never seen you here? Thanks (again) for your compliments. More Prog girls ...errr... females... are needed, you are right! And I love the rhythm changes and breaks, technical virtuoso stuff - as you can figure, since I like Symphony X!

I've just popped in to say HI at Threshold's. It's a bit empty in there though... LOL....
Threshold, anyone! People with taste?? Come on, they're a fine band. Any females into them?

Well, Madrigal, see you there. Oh, almost forgot: Star One tix are reserved and waiting for me in Hamburg! YAY! :) I have to go because Damien and Sir Russell are there too!! It is confirmed!!! And I want my "Starchild" live!!!

Have a nICE day, everyone.

Lee, a new way to meet girls?:rolleyes:

I thought you knew I like SymphonyX! Umm... Well, it's not in my top5 so... But it's great. :D And I definitely want to see them live! :eek:

:)